Home Open Account Help 301 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Finland: advertisement on Helsinki trams

Date: 12/27/15 12:32
Finland: advertisement on Helsinki trams
Author: Stas

Every time I go downtown of Helsinki I find entertaining to watch trams, covered with advertisement. It all started in distant now year 2009. Helsinki traffic administration decided to use an old trams Nr I for advertisement.
1. Nr I #52 with advertisement of Finnish company Vallila. It looks a bit 'a la russe'. Year 2009. 
2. Helsinki has several German Düwags, some of them are being used for advertisement. June 2010. Düwag #151.
3. In the year 2011 we saw on the roads hot-rod trams, buses. It was massive advertisement of Alepa chain shops.  Düwag #152.

Date: 12/27/15 12:40
Re: Finland: advertisement on Helsinki trams

4. NrI #33, advertisement of Samsung TV. 10th of September 2012. Nr I was used for advertisement probably because they are oldest of Nr class and not going for upgrade. Right, McKey?
5. Folloing year, 2013. And again Samsung. Somewhat eye catching and creative. Nr I #33, July 2013.
6. Same tram, next year. #33, this time tomato cetchup. Evolution from Tyrex to tomato :)

Date: 12/27/15 12:46

7. This NrI #42 calling you to take a trip to Tallinn. October 2014.
8. Same tram earlier that simmer.
9. Another joyful tram got in camera last summer. Didn't get its number.

Date: 12/27/15 12:50

9. Interestingly, that this year I noticed NrII (#115) with advertisement at Mannerheimintie, October 2015.
10. And my final catch, two trams. One previous, another Nr I #70 turned into advertisement of famous Finish design brand Marimekko. 

Hope you enjoyed this selection.

Stas

Date: 12/28/15 09:25
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting.  Enjoyed very much.
Never had the pleasure of visiting Finland.  However, I did visit nearby Sweden.
ALLEN

Date: 12/30/15 17:26
Author: tq-07fan

A lot of good looking wrap jobs. I especially like that they do not wrap the windows. Even though we they use a dot matrix wrap on our buses here in Cincinnati and many other places it still makes it difficult to see out and more importantly difficult for anyone like Police to see in. I drive a bus and at least here the company is not allowed to wrap the first window to allow for good visibility. Of all these though I like the Hot Rod in number three the most. I expect to see the flames come out of the exhaust on the tram.

Jim

Date: 12/31/15 08:40
Author: McKey

Absolutely great work Stas! You have eye on using camera to catch trams and the backrounds!

I think the earlier tram add designs had some beauty in them, while the latest are often...just horrible!

Let's include one classic that you forgot: the Spårakoff! Spåra means tram in local dialect and Koff is a distillery, so the name is obvious...)

How many trams have a bathroom...this one does...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/15 08:41 by McKey.

Date: 01/01/16 05:33

Thanks, McKey for kind words.
KOFF is a good looking one, but it rather specialized tram.

Date: 01/01/16 06:33

Well, it is...could we see any more of your excellent tramming pictures, now or later?

Stas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, McKey for kind words.
> KOFF is a good looking one, but it rather
> specialized tram.

Date: 01/03/16 14:26

Sure. I'm thinking what topic to choose.

Date: 01/14/16 06:25

After the KOFF tram I want to add this photo of Santa coming to Helsinki. Not sure what type of tram, looks nice.

Date: 01/14/16 08:10

Oh, what a beautiful picture! Interesting that Santa must now be living inside the city limits, instead of the North, since he is using a tram ;D>

Pity the tram is surrounded by so many folks it is impossible to see how it is built. It was rebuilt to mint condition from a total wreck and is now running on Helsinki network for the joy of everyone (I imagine the commuters in a tram behind it would not agree) on special occasions. I think it is owned by a local tram club. Once upon a time this vehicle was used in Kulosaari, and island just East of Helsinki center for commuter traffic to and from the ferry link. In fact this was very much like how things were arranged at Lidingö, just East of Stockholm center.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0514 seconds