Home Open Account Help 377 users online

European Railroad Discussion > FINLAND: snowy Sunday

Date: 01/24/16 09:33
FINLAND: snowy Sunday
Author: Stas

Today was a lovely snowfall and I went for a relaxing hunt for my favorite winter topic: trains riding snow clouds.

1. Allegro Sm6 passing Kerava station on the way to Helsinki.
2. Sm5 of the line 'K' Helsinki-Kerava is coming to Kerava station. Strangely, Sm5 type were the most covered by ice of all rolling stock types I saw today.
3. Another frozen-looking Sm5 #41 at Kerava.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/16 09:40 by Stas.

Date: 01/24/16 09:37
Re: FINLAND: snowy Sunday

4. Sr1 #3091 pulling InterCity train going to Helsinki.
5. Powerful fly-by of Sr2 duo at full speed. They produced impressive turbulence.
6. Another interesting combination: Sr2 and Sr1 with a long distance train, probably to Oulu.

Date: 01/24/16 09:38

7. From this angle the train looks like mysterious 'Polar Express'.

Date: 01/24/16 17:33
Author: GPutz

Thank you, Stass.  There is so much snow in Brunswick, Maryland, USA, I couldn't get to the tracks today, and no trains were running anyway.  Gerry

Date: 01/25/16 06:50
Author: McKey

Thank you for the pictures of flying snow Stas!

I don't think Sr2 (Guinea Pig / Hamster) and Sr1 (Wolf) are running together, since it would mean employing one engineer at both locomotives (doubling the cost of personnel). There is another curious thing on this consist: the Wolf there will effectively limit max. running speed to just 140 km/h / 87 mph while it could otherwise run 200 km/h / 125 mph...how strange. Most likely reason is that Wolf has gotten tired somewhere and needs to be taken to servicing in Hyvinkää, or is simply being moved by the schedule where it will be needed next.

Date: 01/28/16 04:25
Author: 86235

Very nice Stas, no snow in the UK, plenty of rain though :-(

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds