Home Open Account Help 345 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Diversions around London

Date: 02/04/16 03:42
Diversions around London
Author: 86235

February has brought some interesting diversions around North London; the ongoing re-routing of the Caledonian Highland Sleeper into London King's Cross (which is due to continue until at least March 1st) and the closure of the spur from Camden Road to Primrose Hill (which is used by all east-west cross London freight traffic) on account of damage to a bridge caused by lineside building work in Camden Town. The latter is continuing today but I'm not sure for how much longer.

5M16 (the empty coaching stock) from King's Cross heading to Wembley at Harringay with Caledonian Sleeper liveried 87002 Royal Sovereign

The 4M97 Felixstowe to Trafford Park intermodal on the North London Line at West Hamptead behind a pair of 50 years old Cans (class 86) 

Another shot of the sleeper ECS on the NLL at Kentish Town West this morning

Date: 02/04/16 14:27
Re: Diversions around London
Author: spflow

Wonderful stuff - many thanks!

What route is taken to get on to the North London line by the sleeper empties? Also, do you know what building work in Camden has closed the direct Primrose Hill route? (Apologies for these parochial questions, I am obviously a local!)

Date: 02/04/16 14:59

The sleeper ecs runs from King's Cross out to Hornsey, reverses over the flyover then back towards Kings Cross, up the incline to join the NLL at Camden Road Central Junction. I believe the damage was caused by the building work immediately west of Camden Road, between there and Canden Lock. The line has been OOS since January 21st, it's not clear when it will be restored to service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/16 15:01 by 86235.

Date: 02/04/16 19:41
Author: krm152

Really enjoyed seeing your photos of motor hauled passenger trains.
ALLEN

Date: 02/04/16 23:56

Thanks, glad you like them.

Date: 02/05/16 03:13
Author: spflow

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sleeper ecs runs from King's Cross out to
> Hornsey, reverses over the flyover then back
> towards Kings Cross, up the incline to join the
> NLL at Camden Road Central Junction. I believe the
> damage was caused by the building work immediately
> west of Camden Road, between there and Canden
> Lock. The line has been OOS since January 21st,
> it's not clear when it will be restored to
> service.

Thanks for the info - I take it that the class 90 seen at West Hampstead was the train engine

Date: 02/05/16 06:05

Yes, that's right. 86401 was on the other end.

Date: 02/05/16 08:17
Author: 55002

Excellent photos, Nick. Good to see something different. I took this photo last year at Camden Lock. Maybe all the work on the arches is the problem. Chris uk.

Date: 02/05/16 08:56

Yes Chris, I believe that's where the damage has occurred. Unfortunately when the building work has finished that shot and the one looking the other way from Camden Lock will be lost :-(

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.062 seconds