Home Open Account Help 213 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Paris to Bordeaux without TGV

Date: 03/28/16 17:07
Paris to Bordeaux without TGV
Author: renf

Is there any convenient way to travel from Paris to Bordeaux on SCNF without using a TGV train?  Thank you.

Date: 03/29/16 01:06
Re: Paris to Bordeaux without TGV
Author: dwatry

I think you have to do it with a change in Limoges.  My European Rail Timetable lists conventional trains from Paris Austerlitz to Limoges (looks like about one train per hour).  Change in Limoges to a Limoges to Bordeax service - every 2-3 hours. Middle of the day there looks like an extra change at Perigueux.

Sample Trip -
lv Paris Austerlitz 0752
Ar Limoges 1054
Lv Limoges 1103
Ar Bordeaux 1402

Only 9 minutes in Limoges however.

Later trip -
lv Paris Austerlitz 1157
Ar Limoges 1505
Lv Limoges 1520
Ar Perigueux 1639
Lv Perigueux 1705
Ar Bordeaux 1828

Check with SNCF also - I believe they are reducing services from Austerlitz.  In the European RR Timetable these trains are on TTs 308 and 302.

Date: 03/29/16 15:07
Re: Paris to Bordeaux without TGV
Author: reindeerflame

Yes, but it takes a long time.

The direct TGV travels between the two cities typically in 3 hours, 14 minutes, while it will likely take 6 to 10 hours to use conventional IC and local trains...with a minimum of one change.

The German Rail website is among the best in Europe for showing all significant trains throughout Europe.  They have a feature you can check that essentially says "show only non-high-speed trains".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds