Home Open Account Help 318 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Photography at Rome, Italy Termini Station?

Date: 05/08/16 16:34
Photography at Rome, Italy Termini Station?
Author: birdman

Is it permissable to take photos at Termini Station in Rome, Italy?  if so, where is the best vantage point?  Is one of the platforms preferable?  If so, which one?  If photos are not permitted at the station, is there a convenient, safe, accessable photo spot that can be recommended to photograph trains in Rome ?  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/16 16:34 by birdman.

Date: 05/09/16 12:43
Re: Photography at Rome, Italy Termini Station?
Author: ValvePilot

You can take as many pix as you want. In fact if you went out a ways to the RH you would be welcome.
Hang your camera from your neck-this is your pass!!

Date: 05/09/16 12:45
Author: birdman

ValvePilot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can take as many pix as you want. In fact if
> you went out a ways to the RH you would be
> welcome.
> Hang your camera from your neck-this is your
> pass!!

Many thanks for the information.  I'll do just that.

Date: 05/11/16 02:28
Author: dwatry

I was there in March and had no trouble on the FS platforms at Termini.   

Surprisingly, where I did get told "no photos" by a police officer was right outside Termini on the platforms for the Centocelle interurban line.  That line is very interesting and well worth a ride, and I was not approached by anyone at any other stations so took photos everywhere else.      

Date: 05/13/16 04:20
Author: wheelnrail

Late to the party but I'll weigh in. Photos are allowed on the platforms at Roma. When exiting for the platforms, tracks on the left are for interurban trains. Middle are for the high speed trains and fast local trains and the ones on the right are for the airport. I would even suggest going at night for night shots and to see the E656 as its bound to make an appearance on one of the sleeper trains. I did get told by a few train crew members to be careful at the way you present yourself, gypsies love a traveler/tourist to prey on.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/14/16 13:23
Author: wpamtk

Birdman--I'll be there myself towards the end of June. I'd love to know how it worked out for you and any recommendations you may have, as my hotel is only a couple of blocks away.

Date: 05/28/16 23:43
Author: 86235

Maybe too late but Today's Railways - Europe issue 246 (June) has a feature on the best photo spots around Rome.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0503 seconds