Home Open Account Help 328 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Before the wires come - 3

Date: 05/27/16 06:54
Before the wires come - 3
Author: 86235

dwatry and I spent yesterday morning on the Tottenham and Forest Gate for what, for me, was my last opportunity to take any pictures before the line closes in a week's time and the wires go up.

1: We started at Leytonstone High Road to shoot the 6L35 Didcot to Dagenham, empty auto carriers for the Ford import facility.

2: Moved on to Woodgrange Park where there's an electrified spur linking the T&FG to the Great Eastern mainline at Forest Gate Junction. The 172 is passing a group of MoW staff who are preparing for the closure. 

3: In the afternoon the 6M92 empty cement tanks heading back to the Peak District passing through Walthamstow. You can see from the house just above the train how the construction of the T&FG cut across existing roads necessitating some property demolition, much to the annoyance of locals. At the time the T&FG was built, 1894, this part of London was already well and truly urbanised.

Given the number of pictures I've taken recently along the Gospel Oak to Barking line I've created a new gallery recording the final few months of the line
https://nick86235.smugmug.com/Trains/2016/Before-the-wires-come-the/i-z4hBP2r

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/16 06:56 by 86235.

Date: 05/27/16 20:31
Re: Before the wires come - 3
Author: krm152

Photo 3 is absolutely excellent!  Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

Date: 05/28/16 04:16
Re: Before the wires come - 3
Author: 55002

Another fine set, Nick. My planned visit to here has not happened. No more VTEC seat sales, and not many bargains to be found. The way VTEC and Stagecoach are going - there may well be very few bargains in future. Chris uk.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds