Home Open Account Help 310 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Summer Strawberry Moon Solstice 3 way Meet in Finse

Date: 06/20/16 14:06
Summer Strawberry Moon Solstice 3 way Meet in Finse
Author: NH2006

2250hours got the meet I really wanted to see with the near continuous light up in Finse.  Odd color dusk light, appropriate for what will be a Strawberry Moon here in the States.

1. Note the old  wagon on the third track (what we call a house track here) as the first train takes the siding.
2. Selfie time!
3. Rolling meet like clockwork.

Date: 06/20/16 14:08
Re: Summer Strawberry Moon Solstice 3 way Meet in Finse

4-5. Now the train in the siding making a reverse move onto the siding to then follow the first train.  This appears to be the train that restocks & refuels Finse!  Very excited to catch this.

Date: 06/20/16 16:00
Author: highgreengraphics

You in Norway? Just a bit east of Colorado, eh? You know my wife, her family is from Minnesota and Norwegian heritage, she's envious. Looks mighty cold! === === = === JLH

Date: 06/20/16 18:25
Author: icancmp193

So very North!

Tom Y

Date: 06/20/16 21:23

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You in Norway? Just a bit east of Colorado, eh?
> You know my wife, her family is from Minnesota
> and Norwegian heritage, she's envious. Looks
> mighty cold! === === = === JLH

I love this web cam, going to follow it for a year.

Date: 06/21/16 07:43
Author: marku51

These are really interesting to see. As I'm almost in the same time zone as Norway I see many of the daytime trains. During the winter it appeared that they unloaded supplies several days per week off of one of the container trains (usually about 0900 local time) onto the platform in front of the camera. I never managed to get a good screenshot of it, but it seems to have stopped in the last few weeks. It makes much more sense to have this train in the sidings to unload.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds