Home Open Account Help 227 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Wolfenbüttel Semaphore Signal found by looking at a bus site?

Date: 06/22/16 20:20
Wolfenbüttel Semaphore Signal found by looking at a bus site?
Author: tq-07fan

In searching for what buses operated around Braunlage I came upon one of the best pictures ever, a MAN bus infront of a German semaphore signal! I was looking the KVG site which scrolls through 10 obviously posed pictures but the fourth one from the left did it for me, I had to alter a trip that someone else had planned. As it turned out Wolfenbüttel was not really out of the way in driving from the Harz to Hamburg.
1) When we got there I ended up with basically the same picture as the website except I got an articulated bus and I was at a different angle.
2) I should have took a picture of the station schedule because I cannot tell what is happening with the trains in looking today, I really don't even know which way or where they are going. The signal is the main feature of course but I like to be a little more informative.
3) Finally I will get to see the signal pulled off.

Date: 06/22/16 20:21
Re: Wolfenbüttel Semaphore Signal found by looking at a bus site

4) Clear. the top semaphore of the signal raised at a 45 degree angle. Lower semaphore unchanged. The distant signal disc flipped up and out of sight. Notice that much like British signalling the train is well past the signal without it being dropped unlike American practice.
5) A telephoto of the opposing signals, or the back of them.
6) Still plenty of signalboxes in Germany but not too many still operating this many semaphores.

Date: 06/22/16 20:22
Re: Wolfenbüttel Semaphore Signal found by looking at a bus site

The operator lined up a train in each direction about 14 minutes after the train in picture 4 had went through.
7) A DB Regio to somewhere passing the semaphore that has already been pulled off.
8) The Regio that the signal has been pulled off comes in for the station stop.
9) I ran and just in time caught the main signal displaying clear and the distant signal displaying Expect Slow.

Three different aspects for two trains in roughly an hour break at Wolfenbüttel. It made my day being that I was born loving railway signals.

Thank You for Looking!!

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds