Home Open Account Help 324 users online

European Railroad Discussion > GWR class 800

Date: 06/30/16 15:23
GWR class 800
Author: Hartington

One of the new GWR Class 800 trains operated empty to Reading today where it picked up guests who had come from further west for a quick run into Paddington.   800 004 seen here at Reading.   The leading car is named Sir Daniel Gooch and the one at the other end Ismbard Kingdom Brunel.

Date: 07/03/16 15:33
Re: GWR class 800
Author: CIT1023

Ah yes a Javelin by any other name plus it has a new green outfit to wear. Somewhere in the UK an HST 125 train shuddered at the sight of this new pretender, the countdown clock has started! Get them  while you can.
Keith G, London, UK

Date: 07/04/16 04:42
Author: Hartington

And the Javelin is a development of a Hitachi "A train"which is the basis for something like 20 Japanese EMU some of which look nothing like the UK examples.

Date: 07/04/16 09:30
Author: spflow

Oh dear! As a regular Javelin user, I can confirm they are just one up from New York subway trains. Functional, charmless and minimally comfortable.

Glad I rode from Paddington to Totnes on a GWR HST last week. It cost a fortune but was worth every penny.

Date: 07/05/16 00:11
Author: 86235

spflow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh dear! As a regular Javelin user, I can confirm
> they are just one up from New York subway trains.
> Functional, charmless and minimally comfortable.
>
> Glad I rode from Paddington to Totnes on a GWR HST
> last week. It cost a fortune but was worth every
> penny.

I must admit I find standard class in a GW HST rather functional, charmless and minimally comfortable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds