Home Open Account Help 308 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Why So Many Cancellations /Delays on the Bergen Line ?

Date: 08/08/16 16:44
Why So Many Cancellations /Delays on the Bergen Line ?
Author: mp16

In recent weeks numerous trains have been delayed for as much as 40 minutes on the Bergen line. Today the line has some serious problems jusdging
from what NSB has posted

Train 610 (5:45 pm from Voss) is cancelled Myrdal-Oslo S
Train # 64 is cancelled from Finse to Bergen

Normally NSB does a pretty good job in terms of running trains but with so many problems lately I am wondering if there are weather related
problems such as major storms bringing wires down, causing washouts, or whatever. Or is it something else ? Just curious. I rode this line in 1998 and
throughly enjoyed the trip and the train was right on time.

Anybody have any ideas ? Thanks in advance

Date: 08/08/16 18:45
Re: Why So Many Cancellations /Delays on the Bergen Line ?
Author: mp16

It appears the overnight train from Bergen-Oslo S has not yet reached Finse. A westbound freight has beenw waiting on the side track at Finse for 2 hrs. It usually
leaves for Bergen shortly after the arrival of the overnight Bergen-Oslo train

A lone locomotive with no cars attached has been idling on the main line track next to the station platform at Finse for about 90 minutes now
The 11:5 pm Oslo-Bergen train of the 8th was delayed at Fla for 84 minutes

Date: 08/08/16 22:24
Author: SOO6617

There were major railway closures east of Oslo, but I haven't heard of any problems west of Oslo. At least as of the first week of August.

Date: 08/22/16 11:00
Author: tskram

On 8th August a cargo train ran into some corrugated plates in a tunnel and that took out the overhead power line. The corrugaed plates are believed to come from a snow protection cover structure.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds