Home Open Account Help 372 users online

European Railroad Discussion > The Ffestiniog Railway's Victorian Weekend

Date: 10/07/16 09:40
The Ffestiniog Railway's Victorian Weekend
Author: 86235

Single Fairlie Taliesin and Double Fairlie Merddin Emrys leaving Tan y Bwlch on a train of the Railway's original and replica Victorian era passenger stock.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/07/16 11:33
Re: The Ffestiniog Railway's Victorian Weekend
Author: NDHolmes

Well, must not have been my trip, as what would have been my window wasn't open, nor was my shiny bald head visible...  Was that the later afternoon run?

I'll post more when I've had a chance to dig through them all, but here's a couple more from today's runs.

#1 - The 1145h train with the single and double Fairlie on the point, readying to leave Porthmadog.
#2 - I've always found Fairlies fascinating, and this is the first one I've actually seen in steam.
#3 - A late afternoon cut of empty slate wagons with #2 (Prince) on the front, also in Porthmadog.

Date: 10/07/16 12:47

NDHolmes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was that the later
> afternoon run?

Yes, left Tanybwlch at 16:45. I shot the earlier one climbing to power station summit from Tanygrisiau, I'd hoped Emrys would have been leading but it was Taliesin, bunker first, which was a tad disappointing. I shot David Lloyd George on the slate wagons earlier and Palmerston on the Beddgelert to Porthmadog shuttle.

I assume Earl will be on the regular passenger trains tomorrow as well, she certainly doesn't look the part so can't really participate in the Victorian nonsense.

Lyd gets in on the act on Sunday hauling the subscribers train from Minfordd to Dinas, I shall ride that one. We also get a tour of Minfordd Yard and Boston Lodge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/16 12:55 by 86235.

Date: 10/08/16 03:08
Author: andersonb109

Lyd does not fit the Victorian theme either. She's new. This really is a great event put on by the railway. So not sure why you refer to it as "nonsense." 

Date: 10/08/16 05:03

Lyd is on the subscribers train over the WHR, which has nothing to do with the Victorian Weekend, it's a special for those who contribute to the various fund raising appeals.

I suspect Victorian Portmadoc was not thronged with men in top hats and women in crinolines and bustles. But if it attracts the paying public that has to be a good thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/16 05:04 by 86235.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds