Home Open Account Help 230 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Train Count through some places I have been Europe?

Date: 12/27/16 19:16
Train Count through some places I have been Europe?
Author: tq-07fan

Anyone give a rough guesstimate of how many trains a day pass through the following places I have been in Europe?

1) Clapham Junction (London England)

2) Hamburg Harburg (just south of Hamburg Germany)

3 Dietikon Switzerland (just west of Zürich)

TIA

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/16 19:16 by tq-07fan.

Date: 12/28/16 02:04
Re: Train Count through some places I have been Europe?
Author: Hartington

The Wonkypedia article gives estimates of passengers both terminating and transferring at/through CJ; the accepted estimate of the number of trains is about 2000.

There is a PDF on the web that shows the complete SBB timetable as a graphic P[size=135]D[/size]F

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/16 08:45 by Hartington.

Date: 12/28/16 04:24
Author: exhaustED

Clapham Junction, well over 1000.

Date: 12/28/16 19:50
Author: Krokodil

The swiss reference seems to give timetables for passenger/commuter trains only, no freight trains are included.

Thomas Eckhardt

Date: 12/28/16 23:56
Author: SOO6617

Go to the Official Graphic Timetable published by SBB Infra, then pick the line that you want and then blow the PDF up to monstrous size to view the individual trains passing the station that you want.

Main Graphic Timetable Page

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/de/archiv/grafische-fahrplaene.html

Direct Link to the Graphic Timetable covering Brugg AG to Zürich HBF effective as of December 16th, 2016

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_graphic_tt/2017/G161.pdf

Looking across the top of the PDF find the letters "DT" for Dietikon station follow the vertical line down through 24 hours and count the colored lines that cross it. Lines sloping down to the right are headed towards Zürich HBF, while those sloping up to right are headed away from Zürich HBF. Time progresses vertically down through 24 hours. Trains numbered under 40000 are passenger or mail trains, while those numbered 40000 and up are various freight and MOW trains or light engine movements.

Date: 01/02/17 18:21
Author: tq-07fan

Thank you all. That diagram worked great to give me a rough figure for a slide show presentation.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds