Home Open Account Help 271 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Question for a Thomas fans

Date: 02/24/17 07:36
Question for a Thomas fans
Author: CPRR

My wife asked me what happened to the model trains and the studio set that the Thomas the Tank train show was filmed for years before the current animation one? Also what gauge/scale was the models?

Thank you to who knows

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/24/17 14:29
Re: Question for a Thomas fans
Author: DKay

I have wondered about its where abouts myself several times.I saw an article many years ago about the sets.I think it was 1/2 inch to the foot scale,but dont quote me on that.
Regards,DK

Date: 02/24/17 17:21
Re: Question for a Thomas fans
Author: CPRR

From Wikipedia:

Models Edit
The original live action models were filmed on an extensive model railway layout built at the studios. The models were built to the 1:32 scale, known in model railway circles as "Gauge 1". The locomotives used chassis made by Märklin with specially made bodies. Along with the moving-eye and eyelid mechanisms and clay faces, these bodies also included smoke generators. Coaches and trucks were made using Tenmille kits. Later models were constructed entirely from scratch. Some of the models from the sister television series Tugs were reused in later episodes of the series.

From Series 4 to 12, some larger-scale models were used for the narrow gauge characters, to more easily fit the complex mechanisms into them while retaining a sufficient level of detail. In Series 6, the characters known as "the Pack" (construction machines) were also constructed on a large scale, and larger models of Thomas and Percy were made to interact with them. In the ninth series, another larger Thomas model was built to the same scale as the narrow gauge engines to provide greater possibilities for interaction. It was joined by a large version of James in the tenth series. In 2009, some of these models were put on display in a special exhibit at Drayton Manor Theme Park's Thomas Land.[59] Nitrogen Studios, who provided the animation for the series from series 12 to 16, also has some of the original models on display.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds