Home Open Account Help 272 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Pro cycling season is here and so are the trains!

Date: 03/05/17 20:02
Pro cycling season is here and so are the trains!
Author: NH2006

Last weekend  Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne Brussels Kuurne races are my traditional start to really watching the professional cycling races.  Spend 4 hours on cold wndy days riding my own bike in the basement while watching and was delgihted to get 3 really neat views from the helicopters.

1. Start of the Omloop. Maybe it's just a simple street tram, but combined with a castle?  Perfect. So very European.
2. Nearing the very exciting end of the Omloop, Greg Van Avermet and Sep Vanmarcke are led by the wonderful character known as Peter Sagan. GVA would best Sagan at the line.
3. However, at KBK, Sagan would triumph. Nice shot as the race reaches it's end. Great weekend of racing.  Obviosuly same overpass as the Omloop and KBK are long held sister races.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/17 20:05 by NH2006.

Date: 03/06/17 10:59
Re: Pro cycling season is here and so are the trains!
Author: MrTGV

Thanks for posting! Trains and bicycles are my two favorite forms of transportation. With trains being 1st of course!

Date: 03/06/17 13:18
Author: cricketer8for9

Ghent's very much worth visiting. To my mind it's a working city with lots of history, as opposed to Bruges which is a museum that does a bit of work on the side. Plus the former has trams and the latter doesn't.

Date: 03/10/17 06:59
Author: colehour

MrTGV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting! Trains and bicycles are my two
> favorite forms of transportation. With trains
> being 1st of course!

When I lived in Norwalk, CA, I could indulge in my three hobbies at the same time when I rode the bike trail along the San Gabriel River. There were SP tracks on one side and at one point the river was more or less "natural" (as opposed to cement) and was a great place to do a bit of birding. On the way to the river trail I would often pass Los Nietos yard and ride parallel to the Santa Fe mainline.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds