Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Mad Dog Chronicle #302 DMM

Date: 06/26/14 17:25
Mad Dog Chronicle #302 DMM
Author: mdo

Dana Michael Mohan He ultimately became the President of the SP. First met while we were both graduate students in the MBA program at U C Berkeley. He was specializing in finance.
I was in transportation.

We were both hired by the SP for the 1968 Management Training program. There are more than a few Chronicles about later events. see 5, 6, and 147 for starters

Now to this story; I had told my wife that if something happened to me, an SP official
would come to tell her of my death. I told DMM that he could park in my driveway in
Berkeley when he went to a Cal/Stanford game one Saturday. He took me up on the offer since parking was always difficult for those Big Game events in Berkeley and my house was in easy walking distance from the football stadium.

As a courtesy, Mike came to the front door to inform Marion that it was his car in the driveway. Fearing the worst, she almost fainted on the spot. I had failed to tell her of my offer to Mohan. I think that I had the duty that Saturday at One Market Street.

We all had a good laugh later.

MDO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/14 20:57 by mdo.

Date: 06/26/14 18:06
Re: Mad Dog Chronicle #302 DMM
Author: PHall

So how expensive was that "apology gift" to your wife for almost scaring her to death?

Date: 06/26/14 21:20
Author: Westbound

My wife nearly passed out upon my arrival home one day after work. I was getting pretty shaggy and needed haircut. She had seen me drive up and decided to greet me at the glass paneled front door. As she opened the door I handed her a spherical package about the size of a volleyball, wrapped up in brown butcher paper with a couple of greasy areas. I said "Here, take this and put it in the refrigerator - I have to get to the barber shop before it closes". As she reached out, her eyes began to flutter and she began to sway. I had to quickly grab her before she collapsed. She thought I was handing her a human head from an accident scene!

As she recovered I explained it was just a ham. The SP had some long time connection with a butcher shop near Jack London Square in Oakland and I had participated in a large order that had been filled that afternoon. I never again handed her a surprise package.

Date: 06/29/14 14:27
Author: KR6LH

"Salome, dear, not in the fridge"

Posted from BlackBerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds