Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > RR Retirement

Date: 08/25/14 07:47
RR Retirement
Author: HardYellow

Does anyone recognize this guy? I’ve seen better heads on boils, famous Pee Wee Herman line.

Date: 08/25/14 10:19
Re: RR Retirement
Author: kingman

Larry David ?

Date: 08/25/14 11:13
Author: CR3

Looks like retired SP/UP engineer, Paul McGuffin. He has been playing guitar professionally for many years. He used to bring it with him to play while on away from home trips. Not sure what year he retired but I left in 2000 and it was sometime after that.

Ray

Date: 08/25/14 16:46
Author: agentatascadero

I don't know about that, I think his head looks perfectly fine.....and, one had better have a good head to go around bald or shaven....some "have it" and some don't. This standard applies to women too. But, all things being equal, and they never are, I prefer hair, and lots of it. As a bald guy myself, I feel thankful to be the recipient of a normal looking head, but what's between the ears is a different story. AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 08/26/14 16:15
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Yep Paul McGuffin !!!

Date: 08/26/14 16:38
Author: SOB

AKA "Rumor Control"! One of the nicest guys in the world today.

SOB

Date: 08/26/14 19:58
Author: bradleymckay

Not only was he a railroader but he (and another SP engineer, Tim Dickinson) contributed news to Extra 2200 South 34 years ago:

Date: 08/27/14 08:55
Author: CCMF

Ahhhh, back when X2200 was "meaty" ..... is it extinct now ?

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 08/27/14 11:40

"Extra-2200 South” ..... I think they are still around, even have a website. Check out the cover photo of old issue Jan-Feb-Mar 1977.

Date: 08/29/14 23:31
Author: oldbleu

I first met Paul sometime back around 1974. We bumped into each other while taking pictures up on Cajon Pass. As I recall, he was living in Wrightwood, California at that time. He was totally an Espee fan. A short time later, he told me that he had just hooked on with the Southern Pacific as a brakeman. I had just begun a 33 year career in law enforcement. We never ran into each other again.

I am glad to hear that he is still around. It appears that he certainly reached his goal of SP engineer. Good for him.

Date: 09/01/14 22:16
Author: SPLoopConductor

Good to see Paul now... I remember when he hired out! P.E. McGuffin, IIRC.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 09/02/14 19:39
Author: DNRY122

Two numbers on that list of SP diesels caught my attention: 2954 and 2958--both of these RSD-12s are preserved at Orange Empire in Perris, Calif.

Date: 09/03/14 10:54

I see Mark Denis on the list also. He did some really great black & white photo work back in the 1980’s, with a Pentax 6x7. Does anyone know if he is still in Bakersfield?

Date: 09/08/14 15:11
Author: mapboy

HardYellow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see Mark Denis on the list also. He did some
> really great black & white photo work back in the
> 1980’s, with a Pentax 6x7. Does anyone know if
> he is still in Bakersfield?

I see Mark at Winterail. He has moved out of state, maybe Midwest.

mapboy

Date: 09/08/14 17:01

I see Mark at Winterail. He has moved out of state, maybe Midwest.

mapboy

Seems as though everyone is leaving California.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds