Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > AFT Maps Jacksonville to Tallahassee

Date: 11/19/14 10:23
AFT Maps Jacksonville to Tallahassee
Author: BoilingMan

November 24, 1976

I don't have the move synopsis for this one.
All SCL (former SAL) About 163 miles, so there would have been a water stop.
The display site in Tallahassee has changed quite a bit and the track is gone.

Date: 04/09/15 16:02
Re: AFT Maps Jacksonville to Tallahassee
Author: p51

The train sat on what used to be the old Georgia, Florida and Alabama RR route that was mostly yanked up by the time the AFT came there. I never saw the tracks going beyond the display site.
Doesn't look anything like it did. I grew up there and there's a street there now where the tracks used to be. The bridge over Pensacola ST is gone, as the road was re-directed around the area years ago. The embankment is totally gone now as is all the track, including a spur into a siding in the 'corner' of the display site that I never knew what that was for.
There was a passenger coach there for many years, later was painted in FSU colors. I can't recall when it was pulled out of there. A bridge from that line was the only trace when I went to FSU but even that was yanked out I guess after the late 90s.
I was lucky enough to see the train come into town, several hours late but in broad daylight. Never saw it leave and have no idea if it went by night or not. Ironically, the main line track it came in on has bene moved, so even the main it rolled into town on isn't in the same place anymore.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds