Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Los Angeles Div. Rick Parsley

Date: 04/04/15 11:18
Los Angeles Div. Rick Parsley
Author: HardYellow

Rick Parsley, Engineer on the Los Angeles Division retired at 70. Photos by Brian Black. I was in the SP Simulator with Rick back in September of 1979.

Date: 04/04/15 15:16
Re: Los Angeles Div. Rick Parsley
Author: ButteStBrakeman

Was he a prior right UP person? I don't remember the name.
Congrats to him!

V

SLOCONDR

Date: 04/04/15 16:03
Author: HardYellow

Rick was a Southern Pacific Engineer first, spent his early years working the West End then later worked the Long Pool to Yuma.

Date: 04/04/15 21:46
Author: OPRJPM

Congrads Rick, you were one of thr best. Your work made milllions fro the carrier!    JIm Mc

Date: 04/05/15 09:59
Author: tehachcond

HardYellow, thanks for posting those pictures.  Alas, I've lost contact with Rick after I retired in 2006.  All my bad!
   I had just purchased a new Canon DSLR, and I took it to work with me on that trip.  At the time, Rick and I were working the Long Pool between Los Angeles and Yuma.  By chance, we were on a brand new SD-70ace.  The UP was just starting to get some of them.  When I took these shots, we were stopped at Beaumont on a red.  I took a number of other shots from the cab as we progressed eastbound, but that's for another thread.  I don't want to hijack this one.
   Rick is definitely one of the good guys, and we'll miss his dry sense of humor and his professionalism.
   Here's another shot.

Brian Black
Retired SP/UP Conductor

Date: 04/05/15 10:34
Author: CR3

Hard yellow, while you and Rick were at the simulator, I was just starting out as a brand new fireman on the West End following in the footsteps of you and Tim.  I enjoyed working with Rick many times.  Yes, he was one of the good guys.  Best wishes Rick on your retirement.  I made my last trip on that Long pool also but died on a Westbound at Beaumont.  Not a very special way to finish but retirement is sweet anyway.
CRS  Ray

Date: 04/05/15 11:04
Author: SPLoopConductor

Rick was always a great guy to work with!  My best wishes, and may he have clear signals, wherever the rails of retirement may take him!  Nice 'test' images, Brian.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 04/10/15 19:50
Author: spengr80

I had the pleasure of knowing and working with Rick during my 35 years with SP/UP, and even though he was a L.A. Division engineer, and I was a San Joaquin Division engineer, we would see each other in L.A. and West Colton quite frequently. He and my brother were in the same L.A. brakeman's class back in '77, so I knew him before he became an engineer...
HAPPY RETIREMENT RICK!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds