Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > PRR Cab Signals on Panhandle

Date: 06/16/15 05:49
PRR Cab Signals on Panhandle
Author: twropr

Was surprised to learn that the Pennsy had cab signals between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.  For some reason they were never installed on the busier Fort Wayne Line.
I believe Conrail installed cab signals between Rochester and Crestline when CTC was installed in the mid '80's.  Unfortunately, Conrail downgraded the Panhandle following their decision to route all Columbus/Indianapolis traffic via Crestline.  Ohio Central wound up getting the Panhandle between some point west of PGH and Columbus.  I believe most of the PRR between COLS and IND has been abandoned.
Andy

Date: 06/18/15 08:19
Re: PRR Cab Signals on Panhandle
Author: CSXT_8437

Were cab signals also in place to Chicago via Logansport, IN on he Panhandle?

Date: 06/18/15 12:05
Author: twropr

CSXT_8437 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Were cab signals also in place to Chicago via
> Logansport, IN on he Panhandle?
I had the same question and checked my 1965 Western Region TT - answer is NO.
There were cab signals between Columbus and New Paris for the freight line (via Bradford) - nothing to the north

Andy

Date: 06/18/15 22:11
Author: BelltuckyFoamductor

twropr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe Conrail installed cab signals between
> Rochester and Crestline when CTC was installed in
> the mid '80's. 

It was actually in the mid 90s (I want to say 95, but I could be wrong) that Cab Signals got put in on the Fort Wayne line and they end at CP Alliance. NS later put the system in from Alliance to Cleveland on the Cleveland Line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1068 seconds