Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Last call....last start....lunch....& a quit to boot !

Date: 09/23/15 08:11
Last call....last start....lunch....& a quit to boot !
Author: railburner

Last day ! Replacement is already on the train , he is taking over for me after our bbq lunch. I'm done right after lunch....for good ! So I'm going out with a early quit too !
I'll get some pics up on here a little later.

Bruce Railburner

Date: 09/23/15 11:27
Re: Last call....last start....lunch....& a quit to boot !
Author: wa4umr

Feels pretty good, doesn't it.  My first day off when I retired was sort of strange.  It wasn't my day off.  It wasn't a vacation day or a holiday.  I wasn't sick.  My wife's at work.  I should be at work also.  The telephone is going to ring anytime now with someone wanting to know where I was and when I was going to show up at work.  

The second day was better.  I though about getting a part time job at Home Depot or some place but every time I think about it I remember that I have a trip or some Boy Scout function comming up in a few weeks.  Oh well, I'll go find a job after that.  Well, that story became a constant rerun and I just gave up on that idea and go train chasing, or Scouting, or just sleeping in if I want to.

Hope you have a happy, healty, and long retirement.

John

Date: 09/23/15 14:45
Author: johnw

That first day of retirement for me, February 1, 2002, was GREAT! The only thing that I can compare it to is the day that I got out of the Army almost exactly 40 years earlier. I enjoyed my railroad career but there's no doubt that not working is better, at least for this natural born loafer! Almost 14 years later I'm still enjoying each and every day! Hey thank you Railroad Retirement! 

May you enjoy a long and healthy retirement. As with all rails you've more than paid your dues (union and otherwise!) and deserve it! Enjoy!

Date: 09/23/15 21:42
Author: 3rdswitch

Congratulations, have a long and happy retirement. This is year number six for me and it seems as though I never worked!
JB

Date: 09/23/15 23:22
Author: JLY

It gets even better in the 27Th year..

Date: 09/24/15 12:34
Author: santafe199

railburner Wrote:  > ... I'm done... for good!

Congrats, Bruce! I am jealous. I wish I could do what you'r doing right now. AGAIN!!!
When my pin-pulling became official, "they" told me I was now getting into to the best job I'll ever have...   (THEY WUZ RIGHT!  :^)

Lance (retirement class of 2010)

Date: 09/25/15 08:01
Author: hogheaded

Congrats, Bruce! You'll find that retirement is great, because the job no longer gets in the way of your passion for trains. Well, that and not having to "do the math" at cocktail hour, per the eight-hour-bottle-to-throttle rule.

EO

Date: 09/27/15 20:52
Author: switchlamp

I have been in the club for 6 months now and don't miss work a bit. It will take a while for anxiety to go away and then it just fades like a headache and you feel great. Have a long and good one !
Tom

Date: 10/09/15 15:09
Author: Off-pending

Congrats!!! I've got 21 years in and 20 to go. I'm on the downhill side!!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1941 seconds