Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > The A&C (not really)

Date: 04/25/16 14:09
The A&C (not really)
Author: retcsxcfm

The post today on the H&N board about the A&C reminded me of a little episode
that a friend and I had at Cadiz,Ca.many years ago.We were hoping to catch some
A&C trains coming to the ATSF.Finding none near the interchange,we wandered
down a dirt road that would lead us back to the tracks.We had not gone far when
an old beat up truck met us.The driver was an American Native.He stopped us
and wanted to know where we were going.After telling him,he said,"I don't think
you boys want to go there". I told my friend,"You know I think he is right" So
good by to Cadiz,Ca.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 04/25/16 15:33
Re: The A&C (not really)
Author: 3rdswitch

Chased the A&C only one time the entire fifty mile distance Cadiz to Freda where Cadiz road joins asphalt road to Rice and beyond to Parker. Road was in fairly good condition and I think most vehicles could have made it. Pretty open scenery most of the way but a few good spots. One of which I have included between the stations of Chubbock and Fischel 21 miles miles down the dirt Cadiz Road from Cadiz.  IF it was summer I could see. MOST of my encounters with A&C have been (ON PURPOSE) OCT - APR. I have driven from Freda to Milligan ( twenty miles on Cadiz Road) at least a half dozen times without problems. He was just looking out for your good I guess. Fify miles on a dirt road is quite a drive. The train never exceeds thirty on that stretch.
​JB

Date: 04/27/16 00:06
Re: The A&C (not really)
Author: vegasrails

Last  week I drove inland a little over ten miles on the Cadiz Rd, initially graded a lot of ruts and sandy in places, over all a rough road. I returned using the A/c row Which was in better shape. I think the recent rains really put a dent in the road.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds