Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Liberty Limited Northbound

Date: 12/03/05 08:35
Liberty Limited Northbound
Author: BillL

Here is the first shot of the Liberty Limited taken at Middle River MARC station in Maryland. She sure sounded fine running up the cooridor...

BillL

Date: 12/03/05 15:34
Re: Liberty Limited Northbound Video

Just added to the Image area, this QuickTime video shows the northbound Liberty Limited at Middle River.

Video was taken with a Nikon 7900 Coolpix and the above shot with a Nikon D2x in RAW mode and converted to low res jpeg for posting.

http://www.trainorders.com/videos/view.php?590

Date: 12/03/05 17:48

The TO video site seems to not want to display this so here's another link:

http://www.larduskey.com/Movies/trains/LibertyLimitedCut.mov

Date: 12/03/05 18:13
Author: GNR1938

Awesome video though the background chatters of "shhhhhh" had me laughing. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 12/04/05 05:37
Author: Sirterp

For a momemt, I thought that "shhh" was an expletive as the other train went by. Hehe.

Date: 12/04/05 06:36
Author: chuchubob

Good timing, getting the meet with the Carolinian in the video.

[url]http://www.transitspot.com/gallery2/v/user/chuchubob/chuchubob_002/05+12-03+03.jpg[/url]

Date: 12/04/05 19:07
Author: prr4828

GNR1938 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome video though the background chatters of
> "shhhhhh" had me laughing. Thanks for sharing.

I can relate. I think I've annoyed a few folks who've gotten too close to my video camera when I'm out shooting. Even nuked myself a coupla times when attempting to shoot stills & video at the same time.

Too bad the hogger was so whistle happy, woulda been nice to hear the 567's (or are they 645's?) spooled up.

I like the meet with the s/b Amtrak train. Didja notice the hogger flipping the E8's headlight back to high after the meatball passed? Nice he left the ditch lights off.

* JB *

Date: 12/04/05 20:17

Worst part was the guy doing all the talking wasn't even taking pictures. He had just brought along some binoculars to watch and there were only 4 of us on the platform. Oh well, win some lose some.

I am continually impressed with that little Coolpix 7900. For about $400, it really does alright and is a 7MP still camera as well. Didn't need Saturday that as the 12.86MP D2x was handling that task :-)

Bill Larduskey

Date: 12/05/05 06:08
Author: ddavies

Actually, I have never seen the ditch lights lit on the NEC, since there are no crossings, I guess. Amtrak units don't run with ditch lights on the NEC.

[ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0808 seconds