Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS's F-7 Update!

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 01/30/07 09:06
NS's F-7 Update!
Author: NS-33

I recieved info from the "inside" that work on the F units are at full speed in order to have them finished by April. Seems Mr. Moorman wants the units finished and ready for service for the Masters Special in April. They are getting updated control stands and the color scheme sounds GREAT! Hope they can do it. Just to be safe, I won't specify on the color scheme untill they roll out. If they paint them the colors I was told, they will look VERY NICE. So you guys get your cameras ready! More updates later. C.B.

Date: 01/30/07 09:49
Re: NS's F-7 Update!
Author: toledopatch

I was told that the paint scheme will be modeled after the Southern passenger scheme, but different in some key details (e.g., black instead of dark green) and with Norfolk Southern markings.

Date: 01/30/07 09:50
How do you spell anticipation!
Author: wabash2800

How do you spell anticipation? LOL Oh God, it's like the ketchup is coming out of the bottle soooooooo slow.

Ok, let's post our bets: Glossy black with horse head logo, a Southern permutation, Maroon like the other passenger equipment, Wabash Heritage colors (fat chance). :(

Date: 01/30/07 10:26
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Patch i think your Real close,from the info i got from a DUPONT employee it will be maroon,green,black and might have a small stripe in gold or yellow.Even i cant wait to see if my info is correct...The Scoobster

Date: 01/30/07 10:30
Author: toledopatch

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Patch i think your Real close,from the info i got
> from a DUPONT employee it will be
> maroon,green,black and might have a small stripe
> in gold or yellow.Even i cant wait to see if my
> info is correct...The Scoobster

There is supposed to be a yellow/gold pinstripe, yes.

Date: 01/30/07 11:03
Author: mderrick

"it will be maroon,green,black and might have a small stripe in gold or yellow"

Heck, that sounds about like the River Street Rambler from by-gone years in Savannah, GA :-p

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=61336

Mike Derrick
http://www.shortlinesusa.com

Date: 01/30/07 13:01
Author: debutts

supposed to be painted next week , in SR black & white style paint scheme.

Date: 01/30/07 16:16
Author: CR4114

So what are they to be numbered?

Date: 01/30/07 16:23
Author: NSDash9

The A units are classified as F9A's by NS and are to be numbered NS 4270 and 4271. The B's are classified as F7B's by NS and are to be numbered NS 4275 and 4276.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 01/30/07 20:29
Author: sharris

NSDash9 Wrote:
> The A units are classified as F9A's by NS and are
> to be numbered NS 4270 and 4271. The B's are
> classified as F7B's by NS and are to be numbered
> NS 4275 and 4276.

Which in itself is interesting given that those numbers would put them right behind the F7As on the old Southern Roster. That's a little strange, folks. I can understand the same number series, but giving them numbers as if they had actually existed on the Southern roster? Add to that they're essentially getting the Southern paint scheme instead of something fresh. Why not just all maroon and gold to match the cars with numbers NS-1 through NS-4?

Just seems like some serious pro-Southern internal politics there. I bet the ex-N&W people are going to love being pulled around by them. Not exactly the "We're one team now, forget twenty years ago" you hear coming out of other Class One HQ's, such as Fort Worth. Everyone knows its not true, and that there will always be internal politics, but not everyone puts the evidence on visual display. Throw in 4610 to the equation and ask yourself where the N&W heritage unit is. The only thing left to do now is take the Norfolk out of the corporate name...

SH

Date: 01/30/07 22:43
Author: Robbman

Passneger cars N&W influence....

Date: 01/31/07 06:56
Author: jcmark

My sources say they will be painted Conrail Blue.

Date: 01/31/07 07:44
Author: MK9515

Sure would be nice to watch and listen to them come up around Horseshoe Curve

Date: 01/31/07 12:41
Author: frankg290

sharris Wrote:

> Just seems like some serious pro-Southern internal politics there. I bet the ex-N&W people are going to love being pulled around by them. Not exactly the "We're one team now, forget twenty years ago" you hear coming out of other Class One HQ's, such as Fort Worth. Everyone knows its not true, and that there will always be internal politics, but not everyone puts the evidence on visual display.

OK, you'd rather have the "art work" UP produced? Where's the heritage in that? I'm all for a company showing its heritage and the best way I see is to imitate the past. What's political about that?

> Throw in 4610 to the equation and ask yourself where the N&W heritage unit is. The only thing left to do now is take the Norfolk out of the
> corporate name...

Where's the N&W heritage unit? Do you understand the history behind 4610? A BLE officer went to NS officials, pointed out the Southern's 100th anniversary was imminent and the company should do something to honor past employees and the company's heritage. The N&W's centennial came along a couple years later, but did the employees propose anything? Do all ideas have to come from the top? Apparently, the idea for the F's did, but the idea for the 4610 definitely did not. I believe Wick Moorman is telling his employees that he's proud of where they came from, himself included. Therefore, shouldn't former Conrail and N&W employees take the initiative and propose something? They might be surprised.

Date: 01/31/07 16:02
Author: halfmoonharold

Well, it IS the 125th anniversary of the Nickel Plate!

Date: 01/31/07 16:07
Author: NSDash9

And this year is the 25th anniversary of the current NS.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 01/31/07 17:50
Author: jcmark

>ask yourself where the N&W heritage unit is

I believe 611 is still at Roanoke with 1218. Nothing else would suffice as a heritage "unit" for the Norfolk and Western

Date: 01/31/07 19:37
Author: Robbman

jcmark Wrote:
> >ask yourself where the N&W heritage unit is
>
> I believe 611 is still at Roanoke with 1218.
> Nothing else would suffice as a heritage "unit"
> for the Norfolk and Western

Maybe for the steamheads... but for those of us that realize N&W existed up to 1982, a tuscan and gold diesel would be nice.

Date: 01/31/07 20:43
Author: sharris

frankg290 Wrote:
> sharris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Where's the N&W heritage unit? Do you understand
> the history behind 4610? A BLE officer went to NS
> officials, pointed out the Southern's 100th
> anniversary was imminent and the company should do
> something to honor past employees and the
> company's heritage. The N&W's centennial came
> along a couple years later, but did the employees
> propose anything? Do all ideas have to come from
> the top? Apparently, the idea for the F's did,
> but the idea for the 4610 definitely did not. I
> believe Wick Moorman is telling his employees that
> he's proud of where they came from, himself
> included. Therefore, shouldn't former Conrail and
> N&W employees take the initiative and propose
> something? They might be surprised.

Imitating the past is fine, but it's which past you consistently choose to imitate, or do you actually sample from all of them, that sends the message.

Conrail employees should propose a heritage unit, eh? There WAS a Spirit of Conrail, #2943. It was retired by NS and awaits rebuilding into a 5600, if its body will even be used for the program. Will it come out of JBS in Blue with the old Spirit lettering on there? I wouldn't bet my poker hand on it...

SH

Date: 02/01/07 05:08
Author: EL-SD45-3632

Come on guys.....Everyone should be happy whith what ever paint they will have on them. At least they are saving more F units from becoming razor blades or worse, FORDS...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0847 seconds