Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > South Western Pennsylvania RR

Date: 04/06/07 09:07
South Western Pennsylvania RR
Author: fireman74

I found South Western Pennsylvania power and some leased power with SP heritage parked in Scottdale PA back in the end of March.

Date: 04/07/07 10:43
Re: South Western Pennsylvania RR
Author: tvrha

Who is SWP? How long have they been in existence?

Date: 04/07/07 10:57
Author: GP25

I think SWP is South Western Pennsylvania. I know the SW1500 is an old SP Switcher. What is the history on the Geep Unit? SP or?

Date: 04/07/07 13:14
Author: fireman74

The Southwestern Pennsylvania Railroad runs in mostly Fayette and Westmoreland counties in southwestern PA. They do have a mixed bag of power that includes another ex-sp switcher and a ex- Illinois Central Gulf GP. From Scottdale PA (base of operations) they run south though Connellsville and Uniontown to Fairchance PA on ex-CSX . They also run North through Mt Pleasent and Youngwood to Greensburgh PA on ex-Conrail. Freight can be just about anything. I don't know to much more but if I get anything in the future I will post it.

Date: 04/07/07 15:27
Author: splicer

One part of Carload Express. http://carloadexpress.com/

Paul

Date: 04/07/07 20:07
Author: LAMTA1543

Love the SP switcher still has an vintage KIIS FM sticker slapped on it. Obvously from years as an LA area hauler.

"The Home of Rick Dees"

What a laugh.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds