Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Whereisit

Date: 08/08/07 16:36
Whereisit
Author: ZachMarlow

Ok, lets see how fast this one goes, where is the location depicted on the dispatchers screen in this photo

Date: 08/08/07 16:50
Re: Whereisit
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Marion,ohio

Date: 08/08/07 16:51
Author: J.Ferris

ZachMarlow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, lets see how fast this one goes, where is the
> location depicted on the dispatchers screen in
> this photo

Zach,

Marion, OH.

J.

Date: 08/08/07 16:53

That didnt take TOO long...

Date: 08/08/07 16:57
Author: mjbobb

While we are on the subject of Marion,OH. Is its busier there now then like say back in the 90's? I seem to think the NS is much busier and the CSX former CR is slower and the CSX ex CO is about the same.

Date: 08/08/07 17:06

While I am not sure how busy Marion was pre-Conrail split, the NS is often times quite busy, and from what I have been told has seen an increase in traffic since the merger. Originally the C&O lost traffic after the merger, but the last few times I have been to Marion, there seemed to be a decent amount of traffic, mostly Grain and Coal. The Indy line is a little slower than CR days, and can be a hit-or-miss railroad, either you see trains or you don't, At Sidney(60 miles to the west) sometimes I set for 4 hours and see nothing, return the next day during the same time period and will see plenty of trains.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds