Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New CSX & Maumee & Western Diamonds

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/15/07 17:51
New CSX & Maumee & Western Diamonds
Author: Barney

These are the new diamonds for the CSX and Maumee & Western crossing in Defiance Ohio.

Date: 11/15/07 18:06
Re: New CSX & Maumee & Western Diamonds
Author: howeld

Are these going to be Low Speed one way kind? If so could you get some more detailed shots?
Thanks
Derek

Date: 11/15/07 19:03
Author: Barney

I hope this is what you want.

Date: 11/16/07 02:49
Author: farmer

40 mph on CSX and 0 mph on the MAW at least till the MAW finds their railroad west of Defiance. The diamonds will be put in on Monday November 19.

Date: 11/16/07 07:53
Author: MSchwiebert

Yep, hope they spray the weeds between Defiance & Cecil before they go out that way the first time - so they can see how much rail is missing....

farmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 40 mph on CSX and 0 mph on the MAW at least till
> the MAW finds their railroad west of Defiance. The
> diamonds will be put in on Monday November 19.

Date: 11/16/07 08:45
Author: ESPEEFAN

Farmer have you heard when they will start the temp. flagman's job for the new overpass just west of FC?

On another note, it seems to me that the M&W just wanted to be a thorn in the side of CSX about that damn diamond. There was no traffic west of the their 2 to 3 years before it was taken out.

Date: 11/16/07 10:07
Re: Flagman west of Defiance
Author: toledopatch

ESPEEFAN Wrote:
> Farmer have you heard when they will start the
> temp. flagman's job for the new overpass just west
> of FC?

When I drove out to Fort Wayne a couple of weeks ago there was a CSX flagman in the vicinity of the new US-24 overpass. Was he actually there for some other purpose, or are we talking about some other overpass I don't know about?

Date: 11/16/07 12:11

I was talking about for the new overpass for US24.

Date: 11/16/07 13:17

It should have been put up for bid late September. The new union agreement for M&W took effect then. Upper management keeps dragging their feet same old story not enough people no vehicle to use and so on. (Wait till the time claims pile up on their desk.) It will not be a conducter flagman it has to be someone from M&W. The flagging job started early September and was to be only two weeks to drive pilings. As you can see triple R (milking the cow) is still out there. According to the local paper construction will stop on the actual bridge very soon. and restart this spring. I think it is quite funny that a little railroad got the best of CSX. Sounds like the owner of the MAW is getting some state money once the diamonds go back in and he can also show interchange traffic with the NS again.

Date: 11/16/07 13:38

Intechange NS traffic to and from where?

Date: 11/16/07 13:46

Interchange with the NS between Woodburn and New Haven Indiana. The line is still active between Cecil and Woodburn.

Date: 11/16/07 15:41

farmer Wrote:
> As you can see triple R (milking
> the cow) is still out there. According to the
> local paper construction will stop on the actual
> bridge very soon. and restart this spring.

OK, I thought I heard "Triple R" as the person the train crews were calling on 10/29.

Date: 11/16/07 15:47

I have been working up on the bridges on the new 24 near Antwerp. The contractors have said as long as the weather stays above freezing they will continue to pour concrete. I'm going up there again on monday for some small pour.

By the way MAW keeps as a locomotive in Antwerp that looks as though it is about to fall over due to bad track.

Date: 11/16/07 16:23

How far west is the line still in?

Date: 11/16/07 16:41

ESPEEFAN Wrote:
> How far west is the line still in?

Officially, the track's still there all the way from Liberty Center to Woodburn, IN, with only the diamond at Defiance missing, but the track has been out of service between Defiance and Cecil for a long time and looks like spaghetti. I'm unaware of, but not surprised by, the possibility of missing sticks of rail in the o/o/s section.

Date: 11/16/07 17:11

Is Cecil around Gary, In.? I see a local at Clark Jct. in Gary, In. ever so often but didn't know where it started at.

Date: 11/16/07 17:38

Cecil is about 10 miles south west of Defiance. At one time this line crossed a former Penn Central line there. The same Penn Central line crossed the former B&O at Sherwood. Last time I was out there part of that line was still in to the Lafarge plant South of Cecil.

Date: 11/16/07 18:29
Author: CTCFailure

ESPEEFAN Wrote:
> Is Cecil around Gary, In.? I see a local at Clark
> Jct. in Gary, In. ever so often but didn't know
> where it started at.

You have your Wabash lines mixed up. The line from Clarke Jct eastward was the line that ran into Montpelier, OH, and eventually on to Toledo.

The line through Defiance is the WAB line that went from Toledo to Ft Wayne. The Clarke Jct segment is in only as far as the sugar plant in Gary, In. As well as a few pieces here and there across Indiana, but not much. I dont know what's left east of Montpelier, if anything. The two lines did share a common line segment though from Delmont Jct on into Toledo, but that's about all i know.

Date: 11/17/07 05:32

farmer Wrote:
> Cecil is about 10 miles south west of Defiance. At
> one time this line crossed a former Penn Central
> line there. The same Penn Central line crossed the
> former B&O at Sherwood. Last time I was out there
> part of that line was still in to the Lafarge
> plant South of Cecil.

The line to the Cement plant is still there and is used.

Date: 11/17/07 06:55
Re: MAW west of Defiance

CTCFailure Wrote:
> I dont know what's
> left east of Montpelier, if anything. The two
> lines did share a common line segment though from
> Delmont Jct on into Toledo, but that's about all i
> know.

There's a spur that goes as far as State Rt. 15 just east of Montpelier. That's it until you get to just shy of what I presume to be Delmont Jct (not familiar with that name) on the west side of Maumee, where a stub remains that is used for car storage.

As for Cecil, yes, the one we're referring to is in Ohio and it's in northeastern Paulding County. That cement plan on the old Cincinnati Northern and the grain elevators in Antwerp pretty much account for all the business on that part of the MAW, I think. The only picture I have on that piece of railroad is from when it was still Indiana Hi-Rail in 1993.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds