Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Russel Chessie Heritage Caboose?

Date: 01/04/08 15:48
Russel Chessie Heritage Caboose?
Author: ChessieRR

Back in an 06 trains magazine there was a photo of a Chessie Heritage Caboose in Russel. Just curious if anyone ever caught it, has photos of it, or can give an update to its current location.

Thanks!

-Adam

Date: 01/04/08 18:50
Re: Russel Chessie Heritage Caboose?
Author: CR-SD80MAC

Hi Adam:

Are you asking about the blue Chessie, yellow kitty, caboose that's been displayed at the depot/tower/park in Russell Ky, if so, saw it last weekend, it's doing just fine dressed in Christmas lights.

But what do I know?

Have Fun: Jeff

Date: 01/04/08 20:18
Author: ChessieRR

I think this one is still in actual use, last report on trainorders a few years ago the poster said it was on the Russell hump. I think that is different than the caboose at the old depot which I think has been there for a while.

Thanks!

-Adam

Date: 01/04/08 20:29
Author: csxt4617

There was a caboose on a display track next to the depot and RU Cabin in Russell,
but it definitely wouldn't be in use. I don't remember what paint it was in though,
I last saw it in 2001.

Date: 01/05/08 05:35
Author: rda3fan

The Chessie Caboose that was pictured in trains,was a B&O unit that was repainted in Chessie with C&O reporting marks[A little heratage thing I would guess]It was being used as a shoving platform,and to my knowledge,is still in use

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds