Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CP Red Barn on CSX Q150-22 today w/Pics

Date: 04/22/08 10:16
CP Red Barn on CSX Q150-22 today w/Pics
Author: MDH

Heads up for anyone interested Q150-22 just pulled into Walbridge with a CP Red Barn leading and a lease unit trailing. I see plenty of CN but not much CP around here. Not sure how long they usually spend in Walbridge, but later this afternoon (?) it should roll through Fostoria and Willard on it's way to Cleveland.

Also, Q132 just rolled up to Stanley with a UP six axle GE leading a UP SD40-2 - just missing a CP / UP meet on the terminal by about half an hour.

Beautiful weather today also!

Regards,
Michael

Edited to add pictures

Date: 04/22/08 10:22
Re: CP Red Barn on CSX Q150-22 today
Author: toledopatch

It seems to me that Q150 tends to futz around at 'VR' quite a while before heading toward Fostoria; the last time I saw it, it had picked up a Cleveland-bound multilevel block at Walbridge. If anyone can give 15 minutes' notice before it leaves Walbridge I'd certainly love to know about it; had I heard this train on the radio before it reached Union Street I'd have figured out a way to be out there for lunch....

Edited to add: As of 3 p.m., the Q150 power was tied onto a cut of autoracks at the east end of Walbridge Yard, with no activity evident. There also was a big confab of law enforcement gathered around an MVCX passenger train next to the auto terminal. It's clouding up, too, with big puffies and a higher layer of thin clouds that may be the forward guard of some thunderstorms expected to roll through here overnight. I think I'm going to have to hope that this power flips for tomorrow's Q151 in order to get a shot of it.

Date: 04/22/08 14:29
Author: MDH

As of 5:30 still in Walbridge and sounds like they might be putting the train back together to leave.

Regards,
Michael

Date: 04/22/08 18:20
Author: Thoroughbred-Ed

Just saw it this evening
in Fostoria, Ohio at 6:15 p.m.
coming down the ( C&0 )

Eddie

Date: 04/23/08 14:04
Author: biff

This Q150 went to Syracuse NY,(Dewitt) this morning. Its at least the 3rd Q150 to go through Western NY in the last week.

Date: 04/23/08 15:34

biff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This Q150 went to Syracuse NY,(Dewitt) this
> morning. Its at least the 3rd Q150 to go through
> Western NY in the last week.

That certainly would explain why the CP/GCFX power wasn't on Q151-22 today. (Still hoping it comes back west at some point)

Date: 04/23/08 16:23
Author: GTW5900

Q150/Q151 were changed several weeks back from Detroit TV-Cleveland Collinwood Yard to Detroit TV-Syracuse with work at Collinwood. Q167 was cut back to Collinwood and Q122/Q123 added between Collinwood and Columbus TV. These were the major changes with some minor changes made with certain blocks.

JQ

Date: 04/23/08 19:54

GTW5900 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Q150/Q151 were changed several weeks back from
> Detroit TV-Cleveland Collinwood Yard to Detroit
> TV-Syracuse with work at Collinwood. Q167 was cut
> back to Collinwood and Q122/Q123 added between
> Collinwood and Columbus TV. These were the major
> changes with some minor changes made with certain
> blocks.

Thanks for the info. Today was the first time I'd heard about these trains being extended to Syracuse.

Where does the multilevel block that Q150 now picks up at Walbridge go -- Collinwood? Does Q151 now handle anything other than stacks?

Finally, do you have any way of finding out the next assignment for CP9010?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0999 seconds