Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rural Ohio beauty

Date: 04/21/08 19:49
Rural Ohio beauty
Author: MEKoch

On Sunday Evening, Q641 is headed south on the CL&W Sub between Seville & Sterling at 7 p.m. Three locos move 120 cars slowly on the Sterling 2 block, as they approach the wye at Sterling, before proceeding east on the New Castle Sub.

Date: 04/22/08 08:09
Re: Rural Ohio beauty
Author: bq23dash7

Is it just me or is the Rupp farm missing some silos? Nice photo- it brings back alot of memories. My grandparents lived for many years almost immediately behind where the picture was taken. Between all the trains (the N&W was not too far away too)and RU Tower, it was a great place for my grandpa and me to watch trains. What is the train frequency on the CL&W line these days?

Thanks for sharing,

John

Date: 04/22/08 10:25
Author: Gateway97

Nice photo, thanks for sharing! Ohio goes from plat as a fancake to hill country in no time flat. Great variation to be had. The glaciers scraped 'er flat up north/west but left a lot of wrinkles down south/east.

Date: 04/22/08 19:53
Author: MEKoch

Usually four trains per day on the CL&W. Q354/355; and Q640/641.

Sometimes there are coke trains; lately there were a few steel slab extras as they repaired a furnace at the Mittal steel mill in Cleveland. But that should end soon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds