Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Sneak Peak At WM GP9 #25

Date: 08/03/08 14:36
A Sneak Peak At WM GP9 #25
Author: WMF7A

I took a few hours to help out with the stenciling of WM GP9 #25 at the WMSR Shop this past Friday. Here are some pictures of the progress that is being made. The guys are busting butt trying to get this unit ready for the Frostburg trip this coming Saturday, a feat that is going to take great effort as there is a lot more work to be done. It will be good to see this old girl ply her home rails once again. Word has it it will be taken out and tested this Tuesday and also again on Thursday but with all the work that's left to be done I'll be surprised if that happens.
In any case enjoy the photos.

J.W.

Date: 08/03/08 14:38
Re: A Sneak Peak At WM GP9 #25

Some More...

Date: 08/03/08 16:27
Author: Sirterp

Lookin' good so far! Will the trip Saturday be a charter or a scheduled excursion? Thanks in advance.

Date: 08/03/08 17:16
Author: cutboy2

Incredible progress. Saw this unit in late June and assumed at least 6 months of work.

Date: 08/03/08 17:49

From what i was told there will be a ceremony this Saturday August 9Th held at 9AM at the WM Cumberland station to dedicate the engine to the late Bill Price. At 10AM they will run a passenger trip to Frostburg using WM 25 where there will be a catered lunch at the depot. The train will depart for the return trip once the regular train arrives at Frostburg. I was told that the cost to ride was $35 and that included the meal and a souvenir t-shirt. I assume that the trip is open to the public, but am not entirely sure. There was a gentlemen from the Cumberland Times news paper at the scenic shop taking pictures and doing interviews for a story about the restoration, so you may want to check out the news paper website and see if you can dig up more dirt.
I hope the whole thing goes well, cause like i said earlier the engine needed a bunch more work and i honestly don't think it will be ready by Saturday unless the workers put in a bunch of extra hours this coming week to get it ready.

J.W.

Date: 08/04/08 13:58
Author: Mgoldman

IIRC, this engine is for another tourist operation, yes?

/Mitch

Date: 08/05/08 11:21

This engine is owned by the Georges Creek Railway in Westernport, Maryland and will be used as a back up unit at the New Page mill. The passenger run is a special occasion.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds