Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Amtrak Train in Mebane NC hits Tractor Trailer, catches

Date: 05/13/10 08:17
Amtrak Train in Mebane NC hits Tractor Trailer, catches
Author: CSX1346

This is the North Carolina train that operates from Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC daily.
There were injuries but no deaths. See link below for additional.

Train hits tractor-trailer in Mebane; injuries reported
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7593803/

Date: 05/13/10 08:44
Re: Amtrak Train in Mebane NC hits Tractor Trailer, cat
Author: Seth

No word on the crew status. Just got back from Mebane NC. NCDOT 1792 is derailed and leaning at a 45 degree angle bout to roll. All three cars derailed but still on road bed. 1792 has major front end damage and moderate mechanical damage to the trucks and fuel tank due to trailer going under loco. Side and front of loco are burnt to a crisp. Car behind loco has hole torn in it from construction equipment on semi trailer.

Date: 05/13/10 09:03
Author: SI-Tower

Follow the link and when it opens go to the photo option - seek out picture #23

Date: 05/13/10 09:21
Author: Seth

Ye i went to mebane and got some pictures. Oh course the place is swarming with Highway Patrol and emergence personel along with DOT crews and tons of NS workers. Its a real mess down there. Trains are already backing up and itll be a while before a crew gets there to re rail the train.

Date: 05/13/10 10:08
Passenger Forum:
Author: sou2601

Date: 05/13/10 19:35
Re: Passenger Forum:
Author: Woodman

I guess I will never understand why men do not know their trucks. Before crossing they need to check the clearance, but few do. I would say some folks were really lucky, including the train crew.

Date: 05/14/10 04:52
Author: Lackawanna484

Woodman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess I will never understand why men do not
> know their trucks. Before crossing they need to
> check the clearance, but few do. I would say some
> folks were really lucky, including the train crew.

I suspect that 99% of truck drivers know their trucks, and have a deep and abiding desire to get home safely at the end of the shift. Just like 99% of railroaders, cops, etc know their fellow workers.

That 99% knows that the "don't give a damn, dope smoking, get outta my way" 1% of folks is just about as likely to kill the other guy as they are to kill themselves

Date: 05/14/10 11:12
Author: DNRY122

Regarding the last comment: it would especially apply to owner-operators--wreck your rig and you'll be hurting financially as well as physically.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds