Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Saratoga & North Creek BL2 # 52 factory fresh

Date: 06/25/11 14:01
Saratoga & North Creek BL2 # 52 factory fresh
Author: stlrailfan

List,
my brother and I had the great pleasure courtesy of the locomotive owner and a contact at MEI in East St Louis,IL to go inside on thursday morning and photograph this super sharp Saratoga North Creek BL-2 # 52.I do realize there were shots the other day of this unit the other day on this site but those were taken on a gloomy day with a low res camera as I know whom took them so I thought I would share these. This unit was built in 1949 as Bangor & Aroostook # 52 and later worked for Glenn Monharts Janesville & Southeastern in Wisconsin. Later it and sister #56 sat at the museum outdoors in Green Bay Wisconsin for several years before going to Iowa Pacific Holdings Inc.The locomotive is owned by Iowa Pacific Holdings Inc and will be sent to there new operation in upstate New York set to begin tourist operations and freight service in july 2011. All images taken at Metro East Industries in East St Louis,IL on June 23rd 2011 with MEI permission to be on the property. Thanks for taking the time to look.
Mark Mautner
Maryland Heights, Mo

Date: 06/25/11 16:58
Re: Saratoga & North Creek BL2 # 52 factory fresh
Author: CShaveRR

What are the big boxes on top?

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 06/25/11 20:39
Author: poffcapt

Nice photos. Thanks.

Barry Stone

Date: 06/25/11 21:44
Author: GreenRailNews

Good job, Mark! Can't wait to get her up here! That's going to be an interesting little toy. Boy, it sure looks a lot better than it did when I saw it two weeks ago.

I think we're going to have to put some kind of shield over the horn though to keep the snow out of it on our Gore Mountain Ski Trains, though...

Thanks for posting!

Jody
SNC/AZER Conductor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/11 21:45 by GreenRailNews.

Date: 06/26/11 12:30
Author: PoconoFlyer

Beautiful!!

Date: 06/27/11 14:39
Author: knotch8

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Interesting graphics on the 5 and the 2. The 2 appears to be much broader than the 5. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but I think it makes the painted numerals appear unbalanced.

Beautiful engine and paint scheme, though. Wait a minute; did I just call a BL-2 "beautiful?" Well, I guess I did!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds