Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > norfolk southern tests

Date: 11/13/00 11:56
norfolk southern tests
Author: HOTSHOT

anyone who recently got hired by norfolk southern please answer me this quesion: how the hell did you pass the tests they administer at the testing seminar? for the most part, i couldnt understand the numbers portion of the test( they give you 3 sets of numbers with absolutely no relation to one another and you have to pick the fourth.
thanks much

Date: 11/13/00 12:13
RE: norfolk southern tests
Author: roadrat

Though I never attempted the NS test, what you are talking about is commonly referred to as an "idiot test"

Enough said.
Roadrat

Date: 11/13/00 12:26
Author: CRsmurf

Hello McFly!!!!!!

Date: 11/13/00 13:34
Author: cr3317

Did they ask you if you would order 1000 of the same type of soon-to-be-junk engine instead of a reliable type that you knew would last more than the fifteen years the GE's will? Also, I was thinking that by making you look at numbers that don't fit together, they must have been simulating looking at their locomotive roster. Has anyone figured out that puzzle?

Finally, attached is a photo of NS' new maskot. He is supposed to appeal to farmers and southerners in general as an 'insect killer.' Apparently, with record grain harvests this year, he is supposed to drum up much needed business so that it can sit in sidings for weeks on end waiting for the thoroughbred train to come along and pick it up. Since he goes hand and hand with NS' 'railroad killer' mentality, it is looking like it will be a success.

Scott H

Date: 11/13/00 14:37
Author: nsman

Scott H

Nice picture of NS rail, thanks.

Date: 11/13/00 18:58
Author: dieselfan

Considering this post is from the same person who wanted to get a 2-way radio to talk to train crews while the train goes by,it is no surprise those questions gave you trouble!The times I took the tests for the NS,they were really easy!But you have to have COMMON SENSE,which is why you had so much trouble!

Regards
Dieselfan

Date: 11/13/00 19:56
Author: dougdunha

Norfolk Southern hiring sessions are orchestrated buffers
to prevent litigation and allow freedom of hiring practice.

The choreography employed is designed to create certain impressions
among the applicants that may or may not be faithful. Think about it.

Doug

Date: 11/13/00 21:49
Author: halfmoonharold

And yet, in spite of all the tests and training, I have still seen trainees terminated because they were putting themselves and fellow employees in danger. One guy threw a switch in front of a moving locomotive in a yard, while I and 2 crewmembers of another train stood there and watched. Pretty scary. Working for the railroad is NOT a hobby.

Date: 11/14/00 08:09
Author: HEAVYDUTY

Good point HMH, working on the railroad is a career, not a hobby,once you step on the job it has got to be "Attention To Duty" if you don't follow this,you put yourself and your co-workers in extreme danger,it doesn't matter if it is an engineer,yard worker,or m-o-w.WE in the M-O-W program get a lot of siding time which allows me to enjoy the passing of trains,but if I jumped up at each blow of a horn eventally I am going to get hurt. work safe,work smart! HD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds