Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bailey / Enlow Fork Mine Expansion

Date: 07/15/12 11:04
Bailey / Enlow Fork Mine Expansion
Author: jmbreitigan

Hi, I came across this article recently. The biggest underground mine in the country is working on an expansion called the Bailey works (BMX). This will add an additional 5 million tons of coal a year. Some good news for this mine and CSX & NS.
John

http://www.energycapitalonline.com/news/article.php?aid=69

Date: 07/15/12 11:08
Re: Bailey / Enlow Fork Mine Expansion
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

More coal=more trains to load. Hope this is good news for the economy your way...Hope to see you soon sometime.

Date: 07/15/12 12:41
Author: goneon66

glad to see this. there is and always will be a WORLDWIDE demand for coal as an inexpensive energy source. i'm glad to see there will be a few Americans in the mining and railroad industry that will soon have well paying jobs because of this......

Date: 07/15/12 12:46
Author: Lackawanna484

Metallurgical coal has been drawing good prices in US and export markets. The company paid $45,000 an acre for rights, which is a solid price.

Almost 400 new jobs in an area that could use them.

Date: 07/15/12 12:59
Author: NSHorseheadSD70

The new load out at Bailey is currently under construction, however the new track is not yet in place.

Chris Tokarcik
Morgantown, WV

Date: 07/15/12 13:11
Author: Gateway97

That's some really good news. How will traffic be split at the new loadout between CSX and NS?

Date: 07/15/12 13:12
Author: toledopatch

Gateway97 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's some really good news. How will traffic be
> split at the new loadout between CSX and NS?

NS handles all the loading. CSX has access via haulage from West Brownsville.

Date: 07/15/12 13:42
Author: GTWMISteve

Finally, some good news regarding eastern coal for once!

Date: 07/15/12 13:54
Author: Out_Of_Service

is the current track capacity enough to handle more trains to and from the mine ... good info John ... thanks

Date: 07/15/12 17:01

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
> is the current track capacity enough to handle
> more trains to and from the mine ... good info
> John ... thanks

OOS, I can't answer your question. Maybe someone in the know can answer. NSHorseheadSD70 mentioned the new load out and future track. When I was down there this past Friday I noticed a lot of clear cutting close to the Manor line. Some logging equipment was parked in the area of the NS Fork switch where the single track goes to double track leading down to the mine. Looks like they are hauling out the big stuff they cut. Right where the Manor line crosses over Stringtown road (State route 4015) is a turnout off the main that runs for about 50 feet or so and stops. It has been there ever since I have been going down there. A lot of clear-cutting is being done in this area. If a new track is put in, could it tie into the Manor here. I have no idea and this is just speculation on my part. I guess the question will be answered down the road.
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/12 17:03 by jmbreitigan.

Date: 07/15/12 17:08

toledopatch Wrote:
> Gateway97 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's some really good news. How will traffic
> be
> > split at the new loadout between CSX and NS?
>
> NS handles all the loading. CSX has access via
> haulage from West Brownsville.

I believe CSX runs turns from Newell to Bailey and NS runs turns from Shire Oaks. I think it came about when they both got part of Conrail.
John

Date: 07/15/12 17:33
Author: SandPatch1

NS handles ALL trains to the Mon mines. CSX delivers at the newell I/C track, NS delivers loads back to newell I/C track,

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0512 seconds