Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Mobile Symbols Question CN/BNSF

Date: 03/13/01 14:55
Mobile Symbols Question CN/BNSF
Author: awillis50

What are the BNSF and CN trains symbols in and out of mobile, and where do they go from and to?

Thanks
MAW

Date: 03/14/01 01:01
RE: Mobile Symbols Question CN/BNSF
Author: peddler

I believe BNSF service to/from Mobile, AL is handled by a road local from Amory, MS with connections from/to Memphis and Birmingham. Don't have the actual train symbols. Will check and post if I can get the info.

peddler

Date: 03/15/01 18:25
RE: Mobile Symbols Question CN/BNSF
Author: duracell

Can't help you much, I'm not familiar with this area of the recently-expanded CN system, but I know IC intermodal trains I-09 and I-10 have been renumbered Q18871 (or simply 188) and Q18971 (189) respectively.

CN's symbols for coal and grain trains are in the C700 and G800 series respectivelyl; the fourth digit is the division on which the train originates (6 = Midwest, 7 = Gulf), and 1 indicates a regular section (advanced section = 0, second section = 2, third section = 3, etc.). Manifest freights are in the M300 series, locals are in L500s series and roadswitchers are in R900s.

Would like to help you more, but Mobile is a little too deep in the south for my current CN operations knowledge.

JF up there in Montréal

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0253 seconds