Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Csx Wallpaper

Date: 08/23/12 04:54
NS Csx Wallpaper
Author: atcsfan

I made a wallpaper for both heritage units that are already on NS and are going to be proposed to CSX hope you like it. :) (Posted by ATCS fan's son)

Date: 08/23/12 05:06
Re: NS Csx Wallpaper
Author: EL-SD45-3632

You are missing 8 units from the NS fleet...

Date: 08/23/12 08:27
Author: rbx551985

EL-SD45-3632 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are missing 8 units from the NS fleet...

It appears as though they WERE there, but somehow the computer didn't capture that portion of the image when it was transferred over (however it was accomplished). Look closely, and you can see what seems to be the roofs of 2 more units below the last line visible....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/12 08:28 by rbx551985.

Date: 08/23/12 09:12
Author: exopr

Really cool! Hope the CSX big guys see this. Maybe it will convince them to get in the game. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Date: 08/23/12 09:14
Author: atcsfan

Actually, I transferred the CSX photos on to the NS heritage picture. The picture I got and downloaded made the picture smaller. Photoshop isn't always one of my strengths.
These are Andy Fletchers photos. Here is the link to his FB page http://www.facebook.com/AndyFletcherArtist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/12 09:15 by atcsfan.

Date: 08/23/12 09:40
Author: steamfan

exopr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really cool! Hope the CSX big guys see this.
> Maybe it will convince them to get in the game.
> Wouldn't bet on it though.

Hey, maybe they can get C&O 614 for their OCS motive power, too?? Nice paint schemes, BTW!

John R -- CP Spring
Carlisle, PA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/12 09:42 by steamfan.

Date: 08/23/12 10:06
Author: NYC_L4a

Mongo like.

Date: 08/23/12 16:33
Author: Panamerican99

The L&N needs to be the original cream stripes over black (freight) or dark blue (passenger). Much better looking than the grey and yellow.

Date: 08/23/12 17:04
Author: garr

Suggestion of one more unit that could represent both West Point Route railroads. Paint a unit solid blue or black then put Atlanta & West Point on one side and Western Railway of Alabama on the other.

Jay

Date: 08/23/12 17:08
Author: wabash2800

To be different than NS on the New York Central, I'd recommend they do the later "cigar band" scheme. However, it looks like what is rendered here is the lighter gray passenger version of the lightning stripe. Interesting. The cigar band scheme isn't as handsome as the lightning stripe but the logo is distinctive and a white frame would be prototypical. I would also like them to do the PC in black rather than the dark green like us old timers remember it...;)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/12 17:13 by wabash2800.

Date: 08/23/12 18:34
Author: SCL1517

I think the CSX group needs to include the Erie Lackawanna since NS skipped it, and heck, CSX even has an EL "heritage" caboose. Another worthy candidate is Reading, which was a B&O satellite for decades. Do it in the latter bright green that still hides under 14 layers of paint on the 4300 class GP39-2's.

Back to reality: the current CSX regime is NEVER going to do this, I can say with a very high degree of certainty. Their stock price is stuck in neutral, morale sucks, and a friend there tells me they are back in full-on "beancounter" mode, to the point that needed repair materials are hard to get. Check their website for their policy on historic donations, and also ponder for a minute what their lawyers would say about "attractive nuisances" pulling their trains, especially after the tragedy on the bridge in Maryland. It's not going to happen, as much as I REALLY want it to, both as a fan and fairly large stockholder.

Date: 08/23/12 20:08
Author: garr

I still believe doing the SCL Bicentennial heritage unit would be worthwhile. It was the unit that started the craze 5 years before the bicentennial celebration. Was that the last time a railroad in the CSX linage was a forerunner?

Jay

Date: 08/24/12 08:35
Author: wabash2800

Never say never. There were some of us that were doubters with NS too. Perhaps things will change someday with a change in economics and management (you qualified). But I will agree it is much less likely. NS had an anniversary to celebrate too. I concur that EL should be added to the list.

SCL1517 Wrote:
> Back to reality: the current CSX regime is NEVER
> going to do this, I can say with a very high
> degree of certainty.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0744 seconds