Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Today at Marion, Ohio...

Date: 08/24/12 17:04
Today at Marion, Ohio...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Just a couple from Marion, Ohio today. My friend and I actually met the man that is the designer/founder of the heritageunits.com site. Very cordial individual and the ironic thing is he has yet to see a Norfolk Southern Heritage unit. The only one he has seen is a Union Pacific one. Anyway hope you enjoy the pictures.

First picture is of the NS local with GP60 7133.
Second picture is of the CSX K429 with CN power.
Third picture is of Q106 (which was led by the KCS SD70ACe coming down the C&O) backing on to his train after running around it after making the connection to the Big Four line from the C&O. He will then run to the Marion Schneider Intermodal facility after picking up his train. Q106 did not arrive in Marion today until 1630.

Date: 08/24/12 18:06
Re: Today at Marion, Ohio...
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!!!!!!

Date: 08/24/12 19:32
Author: agrafton

Nice location photos, well done.
alan

Date: 08/24/12 17:11
I have not retired just yet...

Could not fit this on my previous post so I apologize. It seems as though the N&W signals are just not ready to stand aside for the new signals just yet. Still doing their work guiding trains with the new signals in the background ready to take over when the N&W ones give the ok. The new ones look ready to go once those covers are removed.

Date: 08/25/12 03:45
Author: NSClevelandLine

Wow, KCS all the way into Ohio...Good shots.

Date: 08/25/12 04:44
Author: CGTower

They are regulars on Q106/107.

http://flic.kr/p/cShqu3

CG Tower

NSClevelandLine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, KCS all the way into Ohio...Good shots.

Date: 08/25/12 06:06

Didn't know that at all. Do they usually make it further East? Haven't seen to many KCS engines running around NEOhio.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/25/12 06:14

KCS is common power on trains Q106/Q107. From what previous posts have indicated these trains are usually in the morning. This one was seen at around 1630. The trains run to East St. Louis via the Big Four line.

Date: 08/25/12 06:31

Not a big CSX guy so thats good to know. Appreciate the feedback.

Date: 08/25/12 18:06
Re: I have not retired just yet...
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice series Carl. Good to see you get a shot of that N&W signal before it is gone forever.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds