Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 1069 VGN Heritage on a grain train in Toledo

Date: 11/05/12 06:27
NS 1069 VGN Heritage on a grain train in Toledo
Author: MDH

Last night the 55A in Bellevue came and stuffed their empties in the Stanley Secondary in Toledo and then the power was used this morning to go fetch loads from Ottawa Lake, MI on the Clinton Industrial. They brought those down with the VGN in the lead and tied it down on the west edge of the UT Campus around 0830 this AM. With empties waiting to go up and being a busy time of year for the elevator I doubt it'll sit for more than a few hours before they put another yard crew on it to finish bringing it down to Toledo Yard and I bet that power stays on as road power for the grain train when it heads east out of Toledo. Right now, it's cloudy over Toledo and sunny west of town and doesn't look to be improving for this immediate area despite the weather liar's club forecast.

Michael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/12 06:27 by MDH.

Date: 11/05/12 09:07
Re: NS 1069 VGN Heritage on a grain train in Toledo
Author: herbsommers

Another local crew is ready to move the train but they have added a 7719 to the consist. They have about three miles to go to get to the Mega and I have no symbol for it and no for sure direction that it will be going. 7719 is the leader.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/12 09:08 by herbsommers.

Date: 11/05/12 10:22
Author: MDH

herbsommers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another local crew is ready to move the train but
> they have added a 7719 to the consist. They have
> about three miles to go to get to the Mega and I
> have no symbol for it and no for sure direction
> that it will be going. 7719 is the leader.

They were told to bring it down to the yard office where the outbound crew was waiting for it. They should have been rolling up to the office right around 1PM. I'd assume the new leader will probably stay on it but it might not and I'd assume they'll be east out of Toledo, but could easily turn for Bellevue at Oak Harbor and I don't know where they're going.

Michael

Date: 11/05/12 11:22
Author: herbsommers

I managed to catch about two minutes of sunshine.

Date: 11/05/12 12:30
Author: halfmoonharold

Symbol is 44A, bound for Baldwin, GA, via Columbus and Cincinnati. VGN in the middle.

Date: 11/05/12 13:24
Author: reel_smooth

Hope they wash her soon ............ that young lady looks like she's in need of a bath!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds