Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NB intermodal on the S-Line in Central Florida?

Date: 11/10/12 17:22
NB intermodal on the S-Line in Central Florida?
Author: billroland

On my way into town a few minutes ago I was stopped by a hot shot NB double stack on the CSX S-Line in Ocala. Its rare to see NB intermodal on this line, the first ones I recall seeing were several weeks back when the A-Line was closed for bridgework for the SunRail project for 3 or 4 days.

So the question is, if anyone knows, was this just another reroute, or is CSX starting to shift these trains over to the S-Line permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Date: 11/10/12 18:49
Re: NB intermodal on the S-Line in Central Florida?
Author: florida581

There were three NB intermodals today: R170, R178, and Q188. There were two SB intermodals as well: R177 and R187. They were all temporary reroutes, hence the R symbol. No permanent changes yet, however Q188 will occasionally run the S-Line...probably to balance crews.

Andrew

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/10/12 18:59
Author: billroland

Thanks, I don't have a scanner so I wasn't able to hear the symbols.

Date: 11/10/12 19:19
Author: florida581

No prob. As you guessed, there's more SunRail track work on the A-Line. Along with the intermodals, mixed freights R455 and R456 also traversed the S-Line today. It was a very busy day on the Wildwood Sub!

Andrew

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/10/12 23:14
Author: calsubd

They put a I/M on the JS&W from West jax to Moncrief around Noon or so, Ed

Date: 11/11/12 04:54
Author: Narr8rdanny

As information, there was lots of discussion about this curfew on the FloridaRailroading Yahoo group this week.

Regards,
Danny Harmon
Tampa

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds