Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Entertaining Graffiti...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/20/12 11:38
Entertaining Graffiti...
Author: CR4114

I know for the most part 99% of all graffiti on rail cars is not art and otherwise completely useless...but every once and a while you see some that will actually make you smile...possibly get a chuckle out of...here are some of the ones that I have seen that I thought were pretty entertaining...feel free to post some of the ones that you have seen...

Date: 11/20/12 11:42
Re: Entertaining Graffiti...

A little bit of Pinky & The Brain...

Date: 11/20/12 11:44

A random modern day Barney Rubble...

Date: 11/20/12 11:45

Finally a little bit of railroader graffiti...

Date: 11/20/12 13:45
Author: wpdude

Vandalism is vandalism, but it's a shame they can't put the time and obvious talent to good use.

Date: 11/20/12 14:04
Author: resqjon

Clearly Cryo-Trans boxcars are popular canvases.

Jon

Date: 11/20/12 14:10
Author: Sasquatch

Pathetic crap!

Date: 11/20/12 14:27
Author: ctillnc

Two words: Art School.

Date: 11/20/12 15:20
Author: Out_Of_Service

these trespassing criminals should be jail where they can use their talents on prison walls for their punishment

Date: 11/20/12 15:40
Author: MEKoch

I'd let them scrub off their paint with a toothbrush held in their mouth....

Date: 11/20/12 15:44
Author: Dumptrucking

I love it, thanks for the post. Keep them coming.

Date: 11/20/12 15:58
Author: Poker2662

I'm really hoping the last picture isn't one of the P&WV logos on W&LE 101!

Edit: Checking one of my recent pictures, that logo is on W&LE 101. It is a shame the logo had not been re-lettered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/12 16:47 by Poker2662.

Date: 11/20/12 18:42
Author: garr

Wouldn't the graffiti vandals personal vehicle (assuming they have one) be fair game for reprisal? Would be sweet to see a little retaliation.

Jay

Date: 11/20/12 19:17
Author: jim6300loco

They should catch these "artists", arrest them. and for punishment force them to paint fire hydrants in the hot sun while wearing bright orange cover alls. The Judge should say" Since you like to paint things you can paint these fire hydrants and oh by the way the fine is $5,ooo.00 plus the cost to repaint the private property to the owners desire."
Jim

Date: 11/20/12 23:51
Author: Boiserailfan

I really like the peanuts one. No I don't condone graffiti but it is kinda cool looking but I would never ever do it.

Date: 11/21/12 07:35
Author: ble909

These are hilarious, thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/21/12 07:35
Author: cjvrr

I will give the person credit that they have talent in painting peanuts characters, but not on railroad cars....

Date: 11/21/12 07:57
Author: mkostecky

CR4114 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know for the most part 99% of all graffiti on
> rail cars is not art and otherwise completely
> useless...but every once and a while you see some
> that will actually make you smile...possibly get a
> chuckle out of...here are some of the ones that I
> have seen that I thought were pretty
> entertaining...feel free to post some of the ones
> that you have seen...

I knew as soon as I saw the subject you were going to reopen the old debate about graffiti, art vs crime!!!
I almost didn't open it but I wanted to see what you had so I opened it. I agree, the examples you show are pretty entertaining but I also wasn't disappointed about the debate!!Graffiti on railcars IS a fact of life for the forseeable future despite what you think of it I say lets make the best of it so lets give it a rest, time to move on!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/12 08:02 by mkostecky.

Date: 11/21/12 08:07
Author: ctillnc

> time to move on!!!!

Agreed, and remember that the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and similar language in most state constitutions prohibits the punishments that are proposed above.

Date: 11/22/12 09:16
Author: garr

ctillnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > time to move on!!!!
>
> Agreed, and remember that the Eighth Amendment to
> the U.S. Constitution and similar language in most
> state constitutions prohibits the punishments that
> are proposed above.

Not all the punishments mentioned above are prohibited. Restitution is a common ruling issued by judges today as well as community service. Restitution by itself is not punishment, it is a way of getting both sides to scratch-making the wronged whole and the criminal without profit from the crime.

I remember when America was a nation ran by the rule of law. Yes we were the freest nation on the face of the earth but the laws kept everything in a crisp line of black & white focus helping foster common decency. The shades of gray which have evolved over the past three decades by elected officials looking for a quick vote or the public not wanting to "offend" anyone have garnered the results we see today.

"A little graffiti, whats the harm? Besides it makes the mundane into something unusual and the artist is only expressing himself". No matter how much gray smoke some want blow in our face, the fact is that graffiti is still a crime. These criminals should not be celebrated.

Jay

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0629 seconds