Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > You railfanning me? I'm railfanning you!

Date: 11/22/12 06:30
You railfanning me? I'm railfanning you!
Author: VFPNSFAN

While rail fanning our favorite spot last May waiting for the 8102 heritage my daughter struck up a conversation with a couple who were also waiting for the 8102. Turned out the guy was a volunteer engineer for the West Chester Railroad. We exchanged a few emails and engineer Glenn was nice enough to invite us for a cab ride next time we were there. Needless to say you did not have to ask me twice. Thanks Glenn and all the guys at WCRR!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Date: 11/22/12 06:41
Re: You railfanning me? I'm railfanning you!
Author: VFPNSFAN

My wife, daughter, and engineer Glenn on the pilot. One of the Reading unit on the Reading line in Bridgeport, PA. My son Charley riding as the conductor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/12 06:43 by VFPNSFAN.

Date: 11/22/12 14:22
Author: robbie

Great pictures -- and really heartening to see there are still places where a family can get invited for a cab ride! Ever since 9/11, I'd been afraid that such days were gone... Hope your family will have the same great memories that I still have when I got a cab ride on a CSX freight as a kid!

Date: 11/23/12 12:41
Author: Southern3205

If only more lines/crews like that existed...........

Date: 11/23/12 13:43
Author: DoctorThunder

You know I am included in this, but it blows my mind how nerdy guys like us can continue to marry good looking women!

Date: 11/24/12 06:21
Author: jmbreitigan

Those family pictures are priceless.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds