Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Happy Thanksgiving from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

Date: 11/22/12 16:48
Happy Thanksgiving from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Author: sscannella

Headed north from Harrisburg to Scranton Wednesday evening. Was hoping to catch Philadelphia - Binghamton, NY train 159 this morning, which reportedly had three red CP SD40-2s prior to overeating two turkey dinners today. Never heard 159, but new symbol southbound 252 (formerly CP 458, which becomes NS 11R at Sunbury, PA) was working at Taylor Yd. So I was able to nab a shot of it with two NS GE widecabs and 80 cars departing Taylor Yd, then I scurried down to the Wilkes-Barre area and caught it across the river in Kingston on the former Wilkes-Barre Connecting bridges.

Date: 11/22/12 16:51
Re: Happy Thanksgiving from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Author: sscannella

Prior to catching 252, I stopped by Steamtown to see if the DL had anything interesting sitting around. There was a grain train with DL 3000 and 3643 sitting on Bridge 60, which gives me a plan for Friday morning.

Date: 11/23/12 07:17
Author: refarkas

Thanks for posting these. We can certainly give thanks for the DL and all its Alcos. I'm glad 3000 was on the point.
Bob

Date: 11/23/12 08:50
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 2!!! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds