Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Santa rides an SD and a gondola

Date: 12/02/12 12:03
Santa rides an SD and a gondola
Author: erie833

As mentioned in Alan's post below, Saturday was the annual running of the Shelly Materials Santa train into downtown Kent, Ohio. Engineer Bob decorates his former DM&IR SD18m with lights and wreaths and other various holiday decor and delivers Santa to a waiting crowd of kids (and adults!). The weather wasn't very Christmas like but that didn't stop a very large crowd from showing up. Attached are some of my take on this fun event. At the end you'll see Santa had a busy weekend in NEO as he was spotted in a gondola during the daytime :)

RAD

The man and his machine, Engineer Bob poses before the trip downtown.
All lit up and ready to go.
The No. 1 passenger has just given Rudolph (seen on the short hood) a job briefing.

Date: 12/02/12 12:09
Re: Santa rides an SD and a gondola

A crowd gathers around Flash after Santa was was delivered.
A "Rudolph's eye view" of the crowd.
The lights on the nose of 321 complement the lights on a Christmas tree inside the Pufferbelly restaurant in Kent.

RAD

Date: 12/02/12 12:15

The Goodyear Tire and Rubber company in partners with the Marines and Toys for Tots held the 3rd annual "drive through" donation event at the WW1 blimp hanger in Suffield (near Akron). Always a popular event, the lines twisted and turned before entering the hanger. Inside the hanger the blimp and mooring mast are decorated for Christmas. I attached a darker version to show the lights better....and the Grinch. Note Santa in the blimp's gondola :)

RAD

Date: 12/02/12 13:44
Author: FEC2000

Hey RAD, I was at the same 2 places! :)

Date: 12/02/12 14:02

I kept waiting for the photographer on the roof to take a dive!

RAD

Date: 12/02/12 17:43

Did this funky little B&W too once all the engine lights were out. Not my favorite, just different I guess.

RAD

Date: 12/02/12 20:39
Author: alco539

definetly the coolest christmas train, OK Locomotive, whatever.!...I've seen.

Date: 12/03/12 04:13
Author: jmbreitigan

They certainly know how to put on a class act. Thanks for sharing.
John

Date: 12/04/12 15:03
Author: VFPNSFAN

Great set of pics! Cool blimp pics.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds