Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > TP&W, Fog, & Christmas Lights

Date: 12/09/12 19:09
TP&W, Fog, & Christmas Lights
Author: JET

The TP&W Indiana Local was working the Logansport, IN yard in the fog this evening. The Christmas lights finally came on on during the train's last stretch from the yard before heading back east to the 18th Street Yard. The structure is an old PRR signal bridge that formerly was positioned on the north side of the fomer PRR VAN Tower diamond on the west side of Logansport.

Date: 12/09/12 19:47
Re: TP&W, Fog, & Christmas Lights
Author: NH2006

Cool!

Date: 12/09/12 20:10
Author: CJ

I never put two and two together with that structure being an old signal bridge, thanks for that info and nice photos!!

Chris

Date: 12/09/12 21:28
Author: CSXT_8437

Good Morning:

I have been to Logansport several times. Where was VAN Tower and what lines crossed at its location?

Thank you in advance.

Date: 12/10/12 09:49
Author: JET

CSXT_8437 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good Morning:
>
> I have been to Logansport several times. Where
> was VAN Tower and what lines crossed at its
> location?
>
> Thank you in advance.

West side of Logansport where the former PRR Chicago to Cincinatti line intersected with the former PRR I&F (Frankfort line)and the
the former PRR Logansport to Butler line. The diamond is now relegated to TPW and WSRY interchange use.

The signal bridge on the northside right next to US 24 highway next to the lumber yard. I am happy Loganpsort officials deemed it was worthy of saving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/12 09:56 by JET.

Date: 12/10/12 10:22
Author: jmbreitigan

Now those are two great looking shots.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds