Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Re: Barron WI Sub Rebuild - any updates yet ?

Date: 12/11/12 07:08
Re: Barron WI Sub Rebuild - any updates yet ?
Author: csxcarl

Hello NGFAN,

Just wondering if you have been out to record any more progress on CN's rebuilding of the Barron Wi sub ? Either I've missed the update or you haven't posted any since 9-22. I'd really like to see how they are coming along and if they are running any trains yet. Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.

CSXCARL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/12 12:05 by csxcarl.

Date: 12/11/12 14:43
Re: Barron WI Sub Rebuild/Weyerhaeuser - any updates ye
Author: Orient

I was just wondering the same exact thing.

Date: 12/12/12 13:44
Author: ngfan

Here is an update....

CN Santa train on the 18th, probably be the first "train" while not yet a revenue train. Cutover for signals at the wye the same day in Ladysmith. Trains can run as soon as the sand plant has a need.

Photos through mid November here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10866776@N06/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/12 14:57 by ngfan.

Date: 12/13/12 06:43
Author: csxcarl

Thanks for the info and the link to the pics. Nice to see the progress. Please keep us posted as things progress more.

CSXCARL

Date: 12/18/12 02:25

CN Santa Train run today, Dec 18 between Ladysmith and Barron. Railroad expects crowds to be trackside to greet Santa.

Date: 02/25/13 13:32

Update on CN Baron Sub sand trains.......will post pics as I might receive some soon.

The latest:

No news, they've been running since mid December, one train down and one back. I believe technically two trains but they just go down and back each day. No pictures, haven't seen the trains run as the run to Poskin is early AM and the run back is later. Saw the train one afternoon near Ladysmith waiting for signals into the wye. Plenty of cars and activity at the sand plant though and word is they're shipping more than what was originally agreed upon they have so much business.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds