Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Issues on the CSX in Ohio

Date: 03/09/14 15:01
Issues on the CSX in Ohio
Author: RAILWATCH

It will probably be a busy evening in Berea, just as the time change gives us an extra hour of daylight.

While listening to the scanner, the IG Dispatcher is telling other trains that the reason for the back up is due to a very long train that broke up into four parts over night, and that they had just got it cleared up, a couple of hours ago.

He told another train that he had 12 trains ahead of him, from the Short Line to Greenwich.

I'm unsure where this occurred but heard him tell more than one train.

On a side note, I was just out driving around today and here's a photo of Q364-08 from the East 71st Street overpass, with track equipment in the siding.

Denny - Lakewood, OH

Date: 03/09/14 15:56
Re: Issues on the CSX in Ohio
Author: Oakway

Q384 busted two knuckles in the interlocking at CP 174 and 175 at Collinwood Yd. I'm guessing that pretty much blocked the entire plant except for trains using the "Hi-Line" coming in and out of Collinwood to the Short Line. It must have happened in the early morning.

The tasty train in the mess was Q356 with an SD40-2/MP15 pair, which sat outside Grafton for three plus hours. it was part of a string of eastbounds that backed up all the way to New London/CP 47.

For those not familiar, that spans between CP 1 at Collinwood to MP 23 at Berea, then CP 13 west of Berea where the mileposts reset to CP 47.

I'm not sure how bad the westbound backup was from Collinwood east.

I haven't seen a backup like this since the Conrail split in 1999.

Date: 03/09/14 16:48
Author: Lakota-rail

Here's the Q356 you mentioned, sitting for hours in Lagrange (Lorain County OH) just west of the Wheeler Road crossing.

Date: 03/10/14 02:41
Author: RockIsland4310

And even though the Q356 was relatively short, that MP15 was mu'ed and barking when it went by me.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds