Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A few from Austell

Date: 03/16/14 17:51
A few from Austell
Author: Vanakatherock

Hi everyone. Over the span of Friday and Saturday I ventured up to Austell, GA in hopes of catching the Southern heritage unit heading north to Chattanooga, TN on a power move. Unfortunately, as is usually the case for me, I didn't catch it because it wound up going north today, Sunday. Below are a few of the 34 total trains I caught on Friday and Saturday.

1: A couple of NS units came down the line in Austell to pick up the large majority of train 226. NS 226 (Los Angeles, CA -> Atlanta, GA) is split between Norfolk Southern's Whitaker and Inman yards once it arrives into the Atlanta area. Sometimes the DPU on the rear of 226 is enough to pull the load, other times Whitaker yard (Located in Austell) sends yard power to help with the pull, as was the case on Friday.

2: NS 322 is next up with 5 locomotives on the point.

3: NS 42D, with BNSF power, heads south past the northbound 223.

Date: 03/16/14 17:55
Re: A few from Austell

4: NS 282 is next with the moon rising in the background.

5: Amtrak 20 (Crescent) heads east through Austell towards Atlanta.

6: Final photo from Friday is NS 22Q heading west with the street lights on the opposite side of the train providing a nice back light for the smoke coming from the stack of the lead unit.

Date: 03/16/14 17:58

7: NS 220 nets me my first catch of any KCS power and is the second catch of Saturday.

8: NS 348 heads north through Austell.

9: NS 175 comes south with a CN/BNSF duo on the point.

Date: 03/16/14 18:03

10: NS 251 (left) is seen passing by an unknown northbound manifest train.

11: NS 154 is next up, heading east, with CSX power trailing third.

12: Final photo. A quick look at the sky in Austell and a thanks for viewing my photos!

Date: 03/16/14 18:19
Author: Benched_it

I love Austell, this is nice work, thanks for sharing!

Date: 03/17/14 13:47
Author: ns1000

I LIKE your last pic!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0679 seconds