Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Geometry Train on the Georgia Road

Date: 04/01/14 16:15
CSX Geometry Train on the Georgia Road
Author: Vanakatherock

Today I had my radio at the office for that "just in case" moment. Well, the "just in case" moment occurred. Dispatch was communicating with the local switching crew asking them to clear the mainline as they had a "W" train coming. They announced the current location as Buckhead, GA. About 20 minutes later, dispatch asked the crew their status as it had progressed to the 108 milepost. After searching my Georgia Road timetable, I learned that it was a westbound train and I had time to catch it in a location I've been wanting to catch a train at for some time now.

Train symbol was CSX W003. Power is EMD GP40-2 #6060 with a nice horn, might I add. Possibly a Nathan K5LA?

1: First photo is a screenshot from my video since I didn't have time to setup my tripod for my camcorder and utilize my phone for photos. Location is the Alcovy Trestle which I documented last year here: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3213118,3213792#msg-3213792

2: Second photo is passing the retired "Dinky" steam locomotive in Conyers, GA. Photo taken with an LG Nexus 5 smartphone.

3: Video goodness!

Thanks for viewing.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds