Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > FEC?

Date: 04/16/14 08:17
FEC?
Author: dstill

I have read the FEC are getting new GEVO units soon to replace the SD70's. Anyone know what they don't like about the SD70's?

Date: 04/16/14 08:51
Re: FEC?
Author: nygiant

GE gave them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Date: 04/16/14 10:03
Author: MDH

Since someone started a thread about this, I recently saw a rumor that delivery might be moved up to this summer instead of late in the year - any truth to that? FWIW they seem power short enough currently to be running everything and anything on the roster right now and I'd guess the SD70's will keep running until enough GE's show up to push them out of service.

Michael

Date: 04/16/14 11:37
Author: tjm6515

Think the lease is coming to an end on the 70M-2s, and while in the market for replacement, as others said, GE probably gave them a deal they couldn't refuse. Also probably getting some sort of tax break/incentive since they will be LNG powered.

TJ Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL

Date: 04/16/14 12:02
Author: MDH

tjm6515 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think the lease is coming to an end on the 70M-2s,
> and while in the market for replacement, as others
> said, GE probably gave them a deal they couldn't
> refuse. Also probably getting some sort of tax
> break/incentive since they will be LNG powered.

There was talk of LNG originally last year but no, they're just getting standard C4's:

http://www.getransportation.com/news/florida-east-coast-railway-acquires-24-locomotives-ge-transportation

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds