Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Leasers, westerners, and some Spirit.

Date: 04/23/14 18:55
Leasers, westerners, and some Spirit.
Author: Vanakatherock

Today turned out to be quite a day for pursuing trains in the Atlanta area. UP & BNSF power along with a CREX leaser and a CSX Spirit engine all made visits to the area.

1: First stop of the day took me back to Machen/Shady Dale, GA. I was hoping to see the new Squaw Creek/PRLX SW1500's in service, but unfortunately, they were parked for the day as the crew had the day off. Previously, the SCS railroad used a lone GP9 for switching duties. Looks like they received quite the upgrade --> http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3213108,3213113#msg-3213113

2: Second stop took me to Jackson, GA and the NS Atlanta south line to Macon. I stopped to catch train 119 heading south since I had passed 118 entering a siding south of Jackson.

3: Third stop is just north of Jenkinsburg, GA where I catch a CREX/CITIRAIL GEVO on the point of 118.

Date: 04/23/14 19:00
Re: Leasers, westerners, and some Spirit.

4: NS 282 is hot on the trail of 118 with a UP GE on the point.

5: Following 282 is train 230 with all BNSF power on the point.

6: Next stop is Madison, GA where we catch an ES40DC GEVO handling the local switching duties. The precise location is one where a trucker recently lost his life (January) due to getting hung up on the tracks and getting hit by a fast moving train. http://www.msgr.com/lake_oconee_news/news/local_news/article_65158848-789d-11e3-a44e-001a4bcf887a.html

Date: 04/23/14 19:05

7: Final stop of the day was Rutledge, GA in front of the old depot. CSX Q197-23 heads east with the "Spirit of Louisville" locomotive on the point. This also nets me my first catch of a CSX "Spirit" locomotive.

8: The Spirit of Louisville poses for her fast moving closeup.

9: Video of Q197.

Thanks for viewing.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/23/14 19:16
Author: GP30Frank

Vanakatherock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> 8: The Spirit of Louisville poses for her fast
> moving closeup.

CSX must have added " The Spirit of Louisville" when it was repainted in "Dark Future" colors. I don't believe the name was on it before.

Date: 04/23/14 19:25

GP30Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vanakatherock Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> CSX must have added " The Spirit of Louisville"
> when it was repainted in "Dark Future" colors. I
> don't believe the name was on it before.

Looks like it was a topic of discussion in November of last year. http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3237076

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0549 seconds